5 responsibilities of an EMT

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I seem to remember the New Jersey version of "ALS" thats been mentioned here...

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
To be completely honest, an EMT does virtually nothing in terms of patient care here. 5 duties include:

Load the cot with the necessary equipment.
Drive.
Tear the tape for the IV.
Clean the truck.
Restock after each call.

JPINFV

Gadfly
No "Empty My Trash" yet?

EMTLife...

son_i_am_disappoint_RE_OMG_MUST_SEE_WELL_SEXY-s480x600-47994-580.gif

traumaluv2011

Forum Lieutenant
5 responsibilities of a Probie:

-Don't do anything stupid
-Fill out PCR
-Run to ambulance to get supplies
-Assist with any and all lifting
-Compressions

Scott33

Forum Asst. Chief
1. Run fast to every patient.

2. Everyone gets high flow O2 via non-rebreather.

3. Never miss an opportunity to say 'Paramedics save lives but EMTs save paramedics', if a patient or family member asks the difference between the two.

4. Carry every patient to the ambulance regardless of presentation.

5. When asked to slow your erratic driving down, mention the 'Golden Hour' but change the subject if prompted to explain it in detail. If you get stuck, refer to #3.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
No one's mentioned "carry the entire contents of the jump bag on your belt so your medic is never without supplies" yet.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Excuse you!

I'm taking offense to this. I have my own truck, my own pts.

I am not Every Medics Trained- B$:censored::censored::censored:mad:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Excuse you!

1. Who are you mad at?

2. You do realize that everything after the "Do your own homework" was pure sarcasm?

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Excuse you!

Anjel, I was totally joking. Some dude in class comes on here wanting us to tell him what chapter 1 in the book says, I'm breaking out the sarcasm.

I mostly ride with an EMT-B partner, a different one every shift. I respect my partner as just that, my partner. In real life, I get out of the passenger side of the truck, so I carry the bag in almost every time. Also in real life, I send my partner to set up the truck, if setting up needs to happen, so I can stay with the patient as we carry them out.

Don't take offense, I was just poking the non-homework doer.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I meant to quote cheif complaint in that reply. My phone didnt do it.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients

In his defense, he did specify *here*.

I see it. In plenty of systems I've worked in, the EMT just drives, carries stuff, and does what the medic says. It's just a fact of the all-ALS systems, and the crispy medics and crappy EMTs that work in them. Not everybody, but a few bad apples ruin the whole lot.

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
To be completely honest, an EMT does virtually nothing in terms of patient care here. 5 duties include:

Load the cot with the necessary equipment.
Drive.
Tear the tape for the IV.
Clean the truck.
Restock after each call.

I honestly wasn't trying to be sarcastic or put down EMTs at all, that's actually their role in our system. There just isn't much for them to do in terms of patient care since we have medics on every call who prefer to take the lead.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
I assist medics everyday with spelling, algebra, a boost on but mostly off their high horse, attitude adjustments, behavior modification...........and so on.

So see its a team sport, and I'm all about the team.:)

OP
OP
S

Sikiller15

Forum Ride Along
Ummm no sir i just wanna know what to be an EMT...cause i just past my exam...i want a motivation...thank you very much...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I assist medics everyday with spelling...

I think one needs to have a decent grasp on that before helping others with it :rofl:

(Not a jab at you, CAOX3)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ummm no sir i just wanna know what to be an EMT...cause i just past my exam...i want a motivation...thank you very much...

You passed your exam and don't know how to be an emt? Serious instructor failure.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

Next up, English exam...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Why wont anyone do my homework for me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

:(

Critter, helping them get to their answer is good tutoring, giving them the answer es no bueno.

Reference a page in the text maybe but don't spell it out for them.

All these hw posts are making me realize why people don't give us the time of day as professionals.

Before people start the whole "this generation wants everything handed to them" save it, I bust my *** in school, don't blanket statement :)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Why wont anyone do my homework for me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

:(

Critter, helping them get to their answer is good tutoring, giving them the answer es no bueno.

Reference a page in the text maybe but don't spell it out for them.

All these hw posts are making me realize why people don't give us the time of day as professionals.

Before people start the whole "this generation wants everything handed to them" save it, I bust my *** in school, don't blanket statement :)

That's the problem with kids now days, always wanting everything handed to them. In my day, we walked uphill to school, both ways mind you, and chocolate was a nickel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk