Forum Lieutenant
This is terrible, My heart goes out to their family's

JPINFV

Gadfly

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Glad the perps got justice.

Hopefully all will recover.

Does anyone know if this team employs tactical medics? I cannot find anything.

OP
OP
medichopeful

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Except the two EMTs (unknown level, cable news just reported them as EMTs from a local hospital service) who entered during the gun battle to drag two of the injured officers out. One of which was pulled out in cardiac arrest and is now reported to be in serious condition.

I missed that.

JPINFV

Gadfly
A furious exchange of bullets followed, and the two suspects were fatally wounded. Officers hurried to carry their wounded colleagues down the flight of stairs to rush them to the hospital. One witnesses said emergency medical workers huddled behind officers’ shields as they triedto safely reach those who had fallen.

One of them, Michael Saul, 34, a mobile intensive care nurse, had been called to the scene in his ambulance just past 5 a.m., after the first wounded officer had been transported to the hospital. He and his partner were told to stay parked in the area. An hour later he heard shots.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/17/nyregion/17jersey.html?em

willbeflight

Forum Lieutenant
Well, I thing the EMT's did very well staying behind the shields. I'm glad they got to the fallen LEO's in time! I'm sure the families thank them!!! :)

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Asked why he was there, the mayor replied: “It’s looking better and better for our guys.” But Mr. Healy added he was going to take the opportunity to “lobby” the president “about the illegal gun issue” before hurrying back to Jersey City.

No Illegal guns were used the shotgun was simply a 12ga shotgun with a collapsible stock...these politicians need to realize gun removal is not the issue.

JPINFV

Gadfly
No Illegal guns were used the shotgun was simply a 12ga shotgun with a collapsible stock...these politicians need to realize gun removal is not the issue.
Hahaha... When I was driving cross country last week my father and I stopped at a small town in Colorado for lunch and ended up browsing through a pawn shop/gun dealer next to the restaurant we ate at. The dealer went into a rather funny rant (especially since we were on his side) over the stupidity of California gun laws.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Jersey City Medical Center provided the EMS.

Paladin

Forum Crew Member
I just wanted to give everyone a headsup on this situation. 4 Jersey City Police Officers were injured where 3 where treated and released today from the MC. 2 still remain in critical condition, one of which was a Det. who took a shotgun blast to the face. A Port Authority Officer was also shot and injured but was a treat and release from the MC.

JCPD has a very well known ESU team in the North Jersey area. They do not employ tactical medics however. JCMC EMS has strict standing orders not to go near scenes at any times as far as I recall. There used to be a guy Mac on here who worked JCMC, he should know more.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I just wanted to give everyone a headsup on this situation. 4 Jersey City Police Officers were injured where 3 where treated and released today from the MC. 2 still remain in critical condition, one of which was a Det. who took a shotgun blast to the face. A Port Authority Officer was also shot and injured but was a treat and release from the MC.

JCPD has a very well known ESU team in the North Jersey area. They do not employ tactical medics however. JCMC EMS has strict standing orders not to go near scenes at any times as far as I recall. There used to be a guy Mac on here who worked JCMC, he should know more.
Wait, what?

4 were injured, 3 were treated and released and two are in the hospital still? Did the last one give birth while in the hospital? Or was the 5th injured from something else on the way there?

Paladin

Forum Crew Member
There were 5 total injured officers. 4 from JCPD and 1 from PAPD. Of those 5, 3 were treated and released and 2 are still in critical condition.

Hockey

Quackers
What? Do you have an article about that?

I know several people in LE for that agency

Also

At the Jersey City Medical Center, four blocks from the shooting, doctors said the officer shot in the face, Marc DiNardo, 37, a 10-year police veteran, arrived in full cardiac arrest, but was revived and stabilized in extremely critical condition. Two shotgun blast fragments were removed from the neck of the other critically wounded officer, Michael Camacho, 25, a five-year veteran of the force.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/17/nyregion/17jersey.html

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
medichopeful

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I know several people in LE for that agency

Also

At the Jersey City Medical Center, four blocks from the shooting, doctors said the officer shot in the face, Marc DiNardo, 37, a 10-year police veteran, arrived in full cardiac arrest, but was revived and stabilized in extremely critical condition. Two shotgun blast fragments were removed from the neck of the other critically wounded officer, Michael Camacho, 25, a five-year veteran of the force.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/17/nyregion/17jersey.html

Okay, I think we just had a failure to communicate. I read your first post as the officer had been arrested multiple times, as in taken into custody. I knew about the cardiac arrest. Glad he survived.