4th of July

Anjel

Forum Angel
168 hour shift? What do you do?

Well you see.... if he told you that. He would have to kill you. He is in a special line of work. It involves high altitudes and classified information. And I am sorry to tell you, you just don't have the security clearance. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Well you see.... if he told you that. He would have to kill you. He is in a special line of work. It involves high altitudes and classified information. And I am sorry to tell you, you just don't have the security clearance. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

All of this speaks to the importance of ignorance to fear...although I only work a 144 hour shift, I do it almost a mile higher than TJ does, but everyone around here knows about Rocky...no one ph34rs us.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Rialaigh

Forum Asst. Chief
I'ma medic ;)

A double secret special probationary medic at that...:ph34r:

I will be drinking, grilling, drinking, playing with my kids, grilling, making brownies and cookies, drinking....First year my wife and I have lived in a house, we are in an awesome neighborhood with tons of families and kids and culdisacs so ...block party it up baby

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
A double secret special probationary medic at that...:ph34r:

I will be drinking, grilling, drinking, playing with my kids, grilling, making brownies and cookies, drinking....First year my wife and I have lived in a house, we are in an awesome neighborhood with tons of families and kids and culdisacs so ...block party it up baby
Lol as of yesterday I'm cleared and not probationary ;) and certified to fly

SSwain

Forum Captain
Seeing as how I am a volunteer (paid on call), most of the full timers and true part timers sign in for the slots on holidays.
My pay doesn't increase during holiday time, but theirs does.

Besides...at $2.80 per hour, even if I did get holiday pay, it still wouldn't amount to much.;)

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Ha! Got the 4th off!

Drax

Forum Captain
Working 12.5, not even a regularly scheduled shift. At least I get OT+holiday pay though.

Pavehawk

Forum Lieutenant
Working the NASCAR races 3,4, and 5 July. For a few days Daytona International Speedway becomes the largest city in central Florida... now add heat, EtOH, fireworks and Darwin and it tends to be a busy couple of days!

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
It's our long week :( back to work tonight, next day off will be Sunday.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Does working the early morning shift on the 5th at an ER count? I just really hope or discharge doctor is working the night of the 4th. That way, it'll be a quiet morning. By the time I will get there, everyone will already be admitted or discharged (hopefully).

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Does working the early morning shift on the 5th at an ER count? I just really hope or discharge doctor is working the night of the 4th. That way, it'll be a quiet morning. By the time I will get there, everyone will already be admitted or discharged (hopefully).

Yes it does, cause that is probably when we are going to find all the drunks with no hands and bring them in

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
I just picked up a 4 hour shift for the afternoon of the 4th. And then I'm on for 24 hours Saturday noon til Sunday. I'm not expecting the 4th to be busy, but whenever I think that, I'm wrong.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I want to do an escharotomy on friday. Might get to too

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
You make me sick...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Why am I not surprised this is something you guys can do?

They claim we are allowed to here, but it's not in writing anywhere. I'd certainly getting on the radio while getting out the scalpel.

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
Yep, slow weekend for me. One call on the afternoon of the 4th. On my 24 hours, from noon on the 5th through noon today, three calls total, two ALS, and one BLS.