2017 resolutions

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Find a unicorn, drop some #, and go back into the Green Weenie.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Don't really do resolutions, but I think it's only natural to reflect and plan during the holidays and year end. Professionally I'm planning:

1) Finish ACP school. Semester 2&3 and consolidation will take me through the summer.

2) Study consistently through precepting so I'm not cramming before exit testing and provincials.

3) Recommit time and energy to the Honour Guard.

4) Work on Mental Health and Wellness initiatives at work

Should probably try to work some more OT, pay down the bit of debt I have.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Don't really do resolutions, but I think it's only natural to reflect and plan during the holidays and year end.
I feel this.

For me, I hope to complete my new hire probationary period by the summer. I need to continue to review some sort of high acuity skill every shift, and continue to work on EKG interpretation and airway management at the level they want me at.

Somehow I've got a ton of grants on my plate for this year and everyday is a learning experience with those. My hope is that by the end of next year I'll be able to write them independently, which allow me to subcontract to other agencies ($$$).

More importantly, I have my life back from paramedic school. I didn't have time to take all my vacation last year, so I want to make up for it this year, hopefully with a trip to Amsterdam and Utah. I started dating a girl in paramedic school that is not interested in travelling or being responsible, so having now ended that, I really have no excuse...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
#1: Successfully adult for another year.
#2: Pay school debts
#3: Lift heavier things (comin at ya bari lifts)
#4: Run like the Kenyan Olympic team, despite my short legs
#5: Channel my inner Nemo
#6: Paramagic successfully without pooping my pants.
#7: Continue to be a 16 year old in a now 23 year old body, because screw "growing up".

VentMonkey

Family Guy
#1: Successfully adult for another year.
#2: Pay school debts
#3: Lift heavier things (comin at ya bari lifts)
#4: Run like the Kenyan Olympic team, despite my short legs
#5: Channel my inner Nemo
#6: Paramagic successfully without pooping my pants.
#7: Continue to be a 16 year old in a now 23 year old body, because screw "growing up".
Lol wait, aren't #1 and #7 direct conflicts of interests opposite of one another?:confused:

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Lol wait, aren't #1 and #7 direct conflicts of interests opposite of one another?:confused:
No. I can be a responsible adult (pay bills, don't drink and drive, try to be a better and competent medic) and still laugh like a 6 year old when roomie #2 and I have a fart war or I am sharing a poop war story with said roomie. I try to keep my inner child alive and strong, when appropriate that is. That way when I create a tiny human, nobody will be surprised to find me doing the Disney tea party thing, high fiving farts, or spraying them with a garden hose to help them grow....

VentMonkey

Family Guy
No. I can be a responsible adult (pay bills, don't drink and drive, try to be a better and competent medic) and still laugh like a 6 year old when roomie #2 and I have a fart war or I am sharing a poop war story with said roomie. I try to keep my inner child alive and strong, when appropriate that is. That way when I create a tiny human, nobody will be surprised to find me doing the Disney tea party thing, high fiving farts, or spraying them with a garden hose to help them grow....
Check, and mate. Sounds like the third child under our roof. The one old enough to pay mortgage, but who can "tee hee" at the same things as his daughters...my poor wife, lol.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Check, and mate. Sounds like the third child under our roof. The one old enough to pay mortgage, but who can "tee hee" at the same things as his daughters...my poor wife, lol.
Exactly! Some people themselves way too seriously. I figure I can always have high standards and goals for myself, but there is no reason I have to be a stick in the mud while doing so. Life's too short for that ****. Live and laugh along the way mi amigo.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
1. Pass medic school.

I have other smaller resolutions but medic school is definitely the top 1.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Pay off my new truck I so impulsively bought...
Buying a truck is hardly an impulsive purchase, it is a worthwhile, long term investment (paid mine off last year).

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
IT needed you.
At this point I might as well just go all in and get some Weather Tek liners and some tint. Why not. I feel like walking on the wild side a bit.

2017 Goals
1.Walk on the wild side. *CHECK*