Your moniker-what's it mean?, why did you pick it?

NeiN11

Forum Ride Along
NeiN11

Pretty self-explanatory. My wife was raised in Germany. We were married (31 yrs. ago) on Sept. 11th. I have been a Medic for over 25 yrs. and teach at a University. NeiN11 was also my on-line name in several FPS games I play. I was on the "Medics_" Americas Army team. Anywho, dats the reason. NeiN11:)

Asclepius

Forum Lieutenant
Asclepius was a Greek hero who later become the Greek god of medicine and healing. He was worshipped throughout the Greek world but his most famous sanctuary was located in Epidaurus which is situated in the northeastern Peloponnese. The main attribute of Asclepius is a physician's staff with an Asclepian snake wrapped around it; this is how he was distinguished in the art of healing, and his attribute still survives to this day as the symbol of the modern medical profession. The cock was also sacred to Asclepius and was the bird they sacrificed as his altar.

Apollo handed Asclepius to the Centaur Chiron who became his tutor and mentor. Chiron taught Asclepius the art of healing. According to Pindar (Pythian Odes), Asclepius also acquired the knowledge of surgery, the use of drugs, love potions and incantations, and according to Apollodorus (the Library), Athena gave Asclepius a magic potion made from the blood of the Gorgon. Legend tells that the blood of the Gorgon has a different effect depending from which side the blood was taken. If taken from the right side of the Gorgon, it has a miraculous effect and is said to be able to bring the dead back to life, but taken from the left side it is a deadly poison.

Realising the good Asclepius had brought to man, the great Zeus made him into a god, placing him among the stars, transforming Asclepius into the constellation Ophiuchus (the serpent-bearer). The snake was used in the healing ritual; non-poisonous snakes were left in the dormitory where the sick slept overnight on the bare ground.

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
Kaisu is my first name. Its pronounced Ki as in hi and Sue.. I was born in Finland, raised in Canada and have lived in the US for almost 8 years.

disassociative

Forum Captain
Disassociative: lack of association and/or attachment.

"When the spirit is so digital, the body acts this way..."

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
Mine is kind of funny.... Erin is the name my parents gave me, Cooley is the last name of the man I married.

PS, I am absolutely NOT creative (or funny ;))

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
jo = a portion of my name, and EMT is one of the things God has granted me the ability to do well.

Jo

SC Bird

Forum Lieutenant
SCBird

Live in SC.
Hope to work as a flight medic in the future.

That and I have a Firebird Trans Am.

-Matt

Canoeman

Forum Crew Member
I have been paddling the Adirondack lakes and rivers for as long as I can remember, not to mention a few other states and continents. So the handle was always just that and it continues to stick. Catch me on the slow water at sunset when the earth meets the horizon and man meets nature. The sights are always beautiful, the conversations are always thought provoking and friendships last as long as the memories.

Canoeman

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief

MayEMT

Forum Crew Member
mine is easy....

May = Short for Mayra (but my name actually pronounced Myra yet they still call me May ((pronounced May) :p )

And of course, I'm an EMT-I

MayEMT ;)

certguy

Forum Captain
Divine wind

yes...it was also kamikaze....but it dates back farther than that in japan. Back to the day of the samurai. Knowing that the public at large would not approve of suicide raids they perverted the old teachings. Before a samurai was defeated they would fall on their own sword. Then a divinewind would carry them to the afterlife. It was suppose to be a glorious death rather than to suffer defeat from an enemiy. They bent this teaching so that the public would approve of suicide raids. They named the raids Kamikaze or (divinewind). So yes you are correct in a way...however i chose this name using it under its original definition not the twisted plan of the Japenese in world war II.

I mean no disrespect , but your facts are wrong . Divine wind ( kamakaze ) refers to the typhoon that saved Japan from a mongol invasion when all was lost . All samuri were committed and the mongol forces had broken through and had a clear path to Edo , then the capitol . The japanese believe god then sent a storm that destroyed the mongol fleet , cutting them off from resupply and reinforcement . They were then wiped out and the country saved . During the buildup to the invasion , the samuri engaged the mongols in small boats on what were commonly suicide raids to destroy those ships and try to cut the numbers down as best they could . Civilians were conscripted to be foot soldiers and to construct fortifications . Literally , the entire country who could help was thrown into the effort except skeleton staffs of samuri protecting key facilities ( damiyo's castles ) When a samuri committed seppuku , he did not fall on his sword . He used his short sword to cut diagonally across the abd. then up . When possible , another samuri acted as a second and cut off his head before the pain got too great to prevent the dishonor of crying out .

Back to the tread , I volunteer for CERT , so I'm the certguy .

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
Moniker - where I live and what I do

Gonna be a good day, Tater.

fit4duty

Forum Crew Member
Its fairly self explanatory. I like to think that I am bigger, stronger and prettier now than in my 20's :D

Last edited by a moderator:

HikerEMT

Forum Ride Along
Mines pretty self explanitory too! I love to hike and I'm almost an EMT. thus HikerEMT.

I was gonna go with my first name, Rich, then EMT but I am far from wealthy so that could have led to confusion. :wacko:

Doc13

Forum Ride Along
When I arrived on a nasty seen a few years back there was a total of 16 EMS of various backgrounds (EMT, Paramedic, MFR) that showed up, when I showed up a police officer laughed when I said I was a medic, hesaid I was the "13th Doc" to show up. Doc13 stuck with me ever since.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Kat - shortened version of my first name
Grl - do I need to elaborate?
2003 - year I graduated high school

Thus, Katgrl2003

captainbeatty

Forum Probie
Mine comes from the book "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury. Captain Beatty was the antagonist (anti-hero) of the story, and I kind of liked his attitude. And by coincidence, the initials match the initials of my first and last name. As Fire Captain Beatty would say, " If you can't face your problems, burn them!:p"*

* Note: The above quote was stated by a fictional character who was paid to burn things. It does not necessarily reflect the beliefs of the writer of this post. ( This should keep my lawyer happy)