Your moniker-what's it mean?, why did you pick it?

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
I have used this monkier for years. In japan warriors that died a glorious death in battle were picked up by a divinewind and took to the afterlife. I took the 007 from James Bond. He had a license to kill....for me i say this is my license to heal. :p
Now come on...there is nothing wrong with a license to kill...;)

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
See my name isn't supposed to be anything wrong or anything...I'm always the youngest...I went to kindergarten a year early (well for Or but not Ca) and so while I'm a Junior I'm still 15...so I'm always the baby of the group, I'm a girl and my favorite number is 2882 :D

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
man, mine's just plain old boring. I'm an emt, ff and my radio identifier is 376. *yawn*

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
a firetender is the person who sets sacred space and works with the elements to invite forces beyond us to effect change for the good of all.
It's from tending fire for Native American ceremonies.

emtvestsquad1

Forum Probie
well im an emt, my last name is vest, and i work on squad 1 in my dept.

medicp94dao

Forum Crew Member
I was a medic in the U.S. Army and a former Police officer. P94dao is the type of sidearm I carried as a cop. So I just combined the two. MedicP94dao

Anomalous

Forum Lieutenant
Because it looked cool of course. Can't just go commit suicide looking trashy. :p

Maybe they didn't really wear them and that was just for the movies???

The name Anomalous comes from the day I was registering for this site. My wife wanted to know why you couldn't just be 'Anonymous', so I typed 'Anomalous ' just trying to be funny. She never noticed. Anomalous could be used by most of the people in EMS. :wacko:

"1. deviating from or inconsistent with the common order, form, or rule; irregular; abnormal: Advanced forms of life may be anomalous in the universe.
2. not fitting into a common or familiar type, classification, or pattern; unusual: He held an anomalous position in the art world. "

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Many people in the airline industry refer to those winged aluminum tubes full of humanity as "tin cans" because of their composition and rather fragile construction. Since I've been in the ARFF (Aircraft Rescue FireFighter) business for well over twenty years, Tincanfireman just kind of encompassed what and who I am.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Nicknames!

It came from a combination of nurses that I used to work with (when I first became certified as an EMT-1 ^_^) and a few of the senior EMT's that I worked with on the ambulance. I guess the name just stuck! :blush:

burntbob

Forum Probie
burntbob came from a particularly frustrating period in my career when I considered myself a bit " crispy"....but hung on till things got better.

Doctor B

Forum Crew Member
Doctor B was the "nickname" I was given by my fellow workers and was even picked up by some of the students I had in the classes I teach. The "B" is the first initial of my last name.

rescuepoppy

Forum Lieutenant
my moniker

Two of the things I am proudest of is being poppy to three of the greatest grandkids in the world,and my involvement with a volunteer rescue service so rescuepoppy seemed to fit

Operator 37

Forum Probie
Operator 3 7 or 37 was my ID for the corps I vollied with. It was used for radio communications within the county. 37 has become my favorite number. Nothing too exciting.

NJN

The Young One
NJ-simple enough, New Jersey
Newbie, been in the buisness bout 6 months now, + am am the youngest person at the squad i roll with.
196-Squad's callsign + the number of my favorite rig

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
EMTD29

EMTD (EMT-D) when NYS recognized such a thing.

when I originally ( not for this site) created my moniker, I was 29 years old
and the department I was in at the time has 29 as the county dept. number
I just used the same name here as I did on as all the other sites ( the village, the city etc.)

you do the math LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

BBFDMedic28

Forum Crew Member
My FD nickname is too vulgar to put as my screen name. So I choose My dept (BBFD) and my medic number (28) Thus BBFDMEDIC28. My badge number is 3428 but for some reason we use things such as medic 28 on the radio as my call sign.