Your moniker-what's it mean?, why did you pick it?

crash_cart

Forum Crew Member
My third son was born on August 31st. A few days before then, I had been lurking on the board and waiting to hear back from my volunteer department if I was going to be "on." After he was delivered, I went with him in a hallway cart thingie and noticed a crash cart nearby. The name just sounded kind of cool, so upon registering, I chose it for the heck of it. though now that I think about it, stridor would've been a much cooler name.B) So how about you? How/why did you choose your moniker?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'm a dual function (one of only about 5 in a department of 35) FF/EMT and 8978 is my department ID.

Glorified

Forum Lieutenant
everything is glorified in some way, good or bad.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Mine is actually pronounced Redrider.. since the correct spelling was taken on most e-mail accounts, so the spelling stuck. The nickname was given to me from the rock group (not the B B gun)...

R/r 911

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
oops double post

R/r 911

Last edited by a moderator:

mtmedic

Forum Crew Member
Mine is pretty simple to figure out... I love this part of the country and as a native Montanan I am proud to work here and would like to stay hear for the remainder. I may need to leave and come back but Montana will always be home.

MtJerry

Forum Crew Member
I live in Montana and my name is Jerry. Pretty simple.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
My brother gave me the nickname when I was about 12 or 13. Now my niece and nephew only call my Uncle Chimpie.

reaper

Working Bum
I got mine in medic school. any where I rode clinicals, we averaged 2-3 codes per shift. They started thinking I was the reaper, just there looking for new souls!:rolleyes:

divinewind_007

Forum Lieutenant
I have used this monkier for years. In japan warriors that died a glorious death in battle were picked up by a divinewind and took to the afterlife. I took the 007 from James Bond. He had a license to kill....for me i say this is my license to heal. :p

rgnoon

Forum Lieutenant
I have used this monkier for years. In japan warriors that died a glorious death in battle were picked up by a divinewind and took to the afterlife. I took the 007 from James Bond. He had a license to kill....for me i say this is my license to heal. :p

"Kamikaze - translation: divine wind"

divinewind_007

Forum Lieutenant
"Kamikaze - translation: divine wind"

yes...it was also kamikaze....but it dates back farther than that in japan. Back to the day of the samurai. Knowing that the public at large would not approve of suicide raids they perverted the old teachings. Before a samurai was defeated they would fall on their own sword. Then a divinewind would carry them to the afterlife. It was suppose to be a glorious death rather than to suffer defeat from an enemiy. They bent this teaching so that the public would approve of suicide raids. They named the raids Kamikaze or (divinewind). So yes you are correct in a way...however i chose this name using it under its original definition not the twisted plan of the Japenese in world war II.

rgnoon

Forum Lieutenant
Ahh yes....you speak of seppuku. Bushido carried with it such intriguing cultural effects. Cool handle!

Rattletrap

Forum Lieutenant
Mine is because I am getting old and it describes how I feel when I get out of bed. This is a direct result of the stupid stuff I did growing up.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Firecoins is German for an old wooden ship.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Mine was a gift from a paramedic who taught at our fire station. He referred to my partner and I as a couple of 'bossy cows' and the name kind of stuck.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I stole the dog's nickname. Her name is Epi. When she is a good dog we call her Epi-do, when she's bad we call her Epi-don't.

hangit

Forum Crew Member
besides a emt, i'm also a paperhanger.
(and go to school part time. and if the interview goes well tomorrow, an er tech):blink: