You might work for a private if.....

What about dropping off in Plano and getting sent to DeSoto :eek: for a pick up in 20 minutes?

Yup. On tuesday I was posted at Presby Dallas, sent to Baylor Plano to Baylor Garland, then back to presby going to a residence in HP somewhere, then to Baylor Carrollton to a SNF in lewisville, then from there back to Baylor Garland (late to this one due to traffic at 430pm) going to Rockwall, then back to Garland to Rowlett. Then Wed, they send us to BUMC going to a SNF in Italy 30 min before our deactivation time. Loads of fun lol

And we still need to go get beer with Linuss.

Yup. On tuesday I was posted at Presby Dallas, sent to Baylor Plano to Baylor Garland, then back to presby going to a residence in HP somewhere, then to Baylor Carrollton to a SNF in lewisville, then from there back to Baylor Garland (late to this one due to traffic at 430pm) going to Rockwall, then back to Garland to Rowlett. Then Wed, they send us to BUMC going to a SNF in Italy 30 min before our deactivation time. Loads of fun lol

And we still need to go get beer with Linuss.

You're post makes me reminisce about when I went to SMU.... and all the times I sat in presby ED with rando drunk chicks that were total ETOH OD's

When you're never quite sure you'll get the unit you're supposed to get. -"Oh, we gave your unit to someone else, tee hee"

The unit you get has no radio. Minor detail. Major detail, there's no gurney. -Just take the gurney from unit so and so"

Unit so and so was just back from the shop and heading back after not being fixed properly. So ghetto.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're post makes me reminisce about when I went to SMU.... and all the times I sat in presby ED with rando drunk chicks that were total ETOH OD's

I actually like the Presby ED, free muscle milk! They keep the EMS fridge in the physicians room pretty well stocked.

If your mandatory meeting have catered Starbucks and full breakfast. Games for team building with $300 prizes. And all counts for CE's.

If your mandatory meeting have catered Starbucks and full breakfast. Games for team building with $300 prizes. And all counts for CE's.

What private do You work for??

Your company played a role in developing equipment to make loading and unloading patients easier, but they are to cheap to buy it for your ambulances

umm they cut a 30 million dollar check for those... please stop badmouthing our company when you obviously have no idea what is actually happening. if you hate it that much, quit. if you don't like it, please just keep you mouth shut and be thankful that you have a job.

off, soapbox.

umm they cut a 30 million dollar check for those... please stop badmouthing our company when you obviously have no idea what is actually happening. if you hate it that much, quit. if you don't like it, please just keep you mouth shut and be thankful that you have a job.

off, soapbox.

lay off the caffeine man it was more of a joke than anything. My mistake, I was told we were not going to be getting them, I could care less as loading and unloading is the easiest part of my job.

Maybe ill start posting sarcasm in purple text so people dont get bent out of shape.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the company day room has bed bugs in its couches ... :excl:

your private service has a company day room with couches??? lucky son of a witch.

your private service has a company day room with couches??? lucky son of a witch.

We have beds, but only medics are allowed to sleep on them.

Sent from my out of area communications device.

If your dispatchers have ever been stuck in a truck to work calls because too many people called off that day...

If you have ever carried a large bag with maps of your state and the 4 other surrounding ones in it, with all the receiving facilities highlighted in each.

For Multi-state privates: The plates on the truck will not reflect the state you will be working in. For instance, NJ plates on a rig=working in NY or PA. Mass plates: working in NH or ME, or maybe RI.

If your dispatchers sleep with the EMTs.....

If your supervisor has a lower cert than you, you might work for a private.
If your supervisor is busy but complains that you dont call him about problems, you might work for a private.

If your company has a mandate that you need someone to back you up at all times, even if you have a trach patient or an E.R. patient.

If your company has a mandate that you need someone to back you up at all times, even if you have a trach patient or an E.R. patient.

We have such a policy, but as long as the attendant is looking out of the back window if so requested, the policy is being followed. It takes about a second to look back and avoid losing your job.

Back