Working in the ER

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
One of our EDs allows the flight crews full scope in the EDs and also has a Medic Techs with their ground scope and some additions. They have not decided what they are but there are talks of expanding it to what flight has with additional education.

Is the flight program part of the hospital? I think it is fairly common for hospital based flight programs to do that.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Is the flight program part of the hospital? I think it is fairly common for hospital based flight programs to do that.
Sort of. They are their own non-profit but owned by the health network. The ED paramedics are not associated with the flight program but one had an FP-C and was able to a practice close to that scope.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Sort of. They are their own non-profit but owned by the health network. The ED paramedics are not associated with the flight program but one had an FP-C and was able to a practice close to that scope.
Rural ED?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
If it's the hospital @Tigger usual talks about it's a critical access hospital. So yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, not our local one that I want to disappear. They have an EMT tech, two RNs, and a doc each day and that's it.

The local hospital with medics is a fairly large level 3 with cardiology and OB. I think the ED has 22 beds with another five fast track. The medics don't work in fast track.