"Why are we baring this patient?".

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I might add that if you need to expose someone (or just remove clothing layers), ask them if they can help you get it off before you just cut it right off. I put myself in a great deal of pain getting my nice ski jacket off in the back of a rig rather than having it destroyed.

How about a broken arm?

I would imagine that most hospitals do not activate their trauma team for a broken arm unless it is really broken.

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
How about a broken arm?

Isolated injury? Then the sleeve goes. In the presence of significant mechanism where I'm going to board them, then they're getting stripped. I didn't think that "distracting injuries" were even a real thing until I saw a guy who didn't even notice his busted tib fib because of his mangled hand.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
How about a broken arm?
just one? than they might lose the sleeve, but that's about it. than again, an isolated extremity injury isn't criteria for a trauma team activation. Even if it's really really broken, it's an ortho issue, not a trauma team criteria.

now if they fell 40 feet off a roof, and their only complaint is their arm hurts, I might end up exposing the entire body, to ensure there isn't any other injury (the whole distracting injuries concept).

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Just like every other thing we do, based on the presentation and cause of injury

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
................oops

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Can't even goad most of you into irrationality. No one has mentioned goosedown vests....

medic417

The Truth Provider
Can't even goad most of you into irrationality. No one has mentioned goosedown vests....

Must cut the goose down. Pretty feathers everywhere. Must cut.:rofl:

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Must cut the goose down. Pretty feathers everywhere. Must cut.:rofl:

2352667501_5439eb1cb5.jpg

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft