Why are most in EMS such jerks?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Old fart...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
More than half this forum will not get the reference sadly...

The other half will...even more sadly. :)
Im not even thirty and i got that

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Some people are jerks because they suffer from depression, are arrogant, demigods, insecure or just plain miserable.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
[QUOTE="NotUrTypical]

I have Aspergers and have social difficulties. I feel most I worked with are quick to jidge if there are any "flaws".[/QUOTE]
Do those flaws involve patient care? Because i have an extremely high standard of care for myself, and i tend to hold those who work with me to the same. So if you arent critically thinking, educating, lurking here, listening to podcasts, ect, then i have little patience or time for you. I hate people who say "Well im JUST and EMT" as if thats an excuse

VentMonkey

Family Guy
[QUOTE="NotUrTypical]

I have Aspergers and have social difficulties. I feel most I worked with are quick to jidge if there are any "flaws".
Do those flaws involve patient care? Because i have an extremely high standard of care for myself, and i tend to hold those who work with me to the same. So if you arent critically thinking, educating, lurking here, listening to podcasts, ect, then i have little patience or time for you. I hate people who say "Well im JUST and EMT" as if thats an excuse[/QUOTE]
I like the cut of your jib, sir.

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
Honestly, I think we live in a world where people feel they are entitled to everything before proving themselves. Not that this is happening to you OP but what happened to proving yourself first? You can't expect to walk into a new job and be liked and buddy buddy with everyone, it just doesn't happen that way. It's not just EMS, it's every job. Grow a thick skin, shut your mouth and open your ears and learn. Blaming others for the way they act because it offends/upsets you is not the way to go.

That's not meant to be harsh in anyway but OP so please don't take it that way.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Do those flaws involve patient care? Because i have an extremely high standard of care for myself, and i tend to hold those who work with me to the same. So if you arent critically thinking, educating, lurking here, listening to podcasts, ect, then i have little patience or time for you. I hate people who say "Well im JUST and EMT" as if thats an excuse
I like the cut of your jib, sir.[/QUOTE]
This came to mind lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk