Who are you?

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Let's see, where to begin, I'm a 28yo male in Seattle, WA, working for a private company in the South King County area. I am single (naw, really? In this field?) with my two little daughters, 5 and 3. I work in one of the busiest areas for our company with our station turning 6000+ callouts per year, between two rigs. We are BLS only, and are toned out with the FDs on Medical calls. I am an EMT-B, who is looking forward to Medic school, either in Jan. or Mar. and hopefully will be NREMT-P afterward. I also work as an EMT at the local Six Flags Amusement Park on my days off in the summer, and I work as a Pro Ski Patroller in the winter. I fell into EMS by accident, actually. My former career went down with the tech market, so I was working "get-by" jobs, and also worked as a snowboard instructor for a couple of years. Then I got the bright idea of if I got my EMT-B, I could volunteer for a couple of shifts and free ski pass, instead of having to instruct for it. Well, long story short, I was hooked, and now I have a new career. I am looking forward to ski season again, you get great trauma on the hill. Well best to all of you, and I look forward to the conversations.

Luke

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I just wanted to take a moment and say WELCOME to all of our new members who have joined us in the last month or so. It's always great to get new blood..err I mean faces here.

Thanks for telling us a little about yourself and don't forget, if your department(s) have a website be sure to click here and provide a link.

See ya in the forums,

Chimp

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Luno,

Welcome to the forum! Great story, and it seems you have been in many EMS roles. We're glad to have you, and hopefully you stick around for a while :)

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Mmiz, thank you, and I look forward to participation in many discussions. This field is all about learning, as much as possible as quickly as possible. With our field, just when your sure you've seen it all, there's one that you haven't. I.e. your routine GI bleed turns out to have symptoms you can't corrolate to the GI bleed, w/HA, but no dizz, with HTN, even though they've lost apx 300cc of blood/bile/ETOH. Yeah, it's kinda like being a detective, when you don't know, you can always find out, and it just makes you better.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Please don't complain that this is post number twenty something for me but here goes.

My name is Zak, I am 24, single, unknown on the kids issue ;) hehe... have been a NRFF/PAEMT-B for about 5 years, used to volunteer as a rescue EMT in willow grove PA, then more recently, in abington, I worked my way up to a Safety BC in a 3 truck fire company w/o EMS affiliation (tho they were stationed across the street from us) I'm currently whoring myself out as an EMS consultant until I get myself into medic school. If you have any questions on PA BLS Protocalls, and/or ambulance equipment/staffing requirements, I'll eventually get the answer for you.

I also enjoy singing and model railroading in my spare time.

I thank you in advance for your acceptance.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by Anomalous@Sep 19 2004, 11:22 AM
To ffemt8978...

How about 30 Sept, 1957
Mother's Day, 1969.

And no, I don't get my mother anything on that day 'cause she got me! :D What more could she ask for?

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Welcome to the forum! :D I hope you'll stick around for a while and continue to post here. You'll find us to be a pretty laid back bunch, always ready to answer any questions that we can.

BTW, you're not the oldest one here (I'll be nice and not tell you who is the oldest :p ).