• Blue - EMS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black - Normal Color

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
It's time for a new mag lite. Which color should I get?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Here's what you need.... a blue one with a star of life!

Also, Mag is apparently a big supporter of the red cross, but I can't find one engraved with the red cross... that would be cool!!

Galls - Blue With Star of Life

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
No no my friend. Not a mini light. I'm talking about a triple D.

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Get the Dorcy Spider short range tactical flashlist, its got a Xenon bulb, and Lithium battaries.

I've got one, it double as a torch in the bush and stuff, and as a self-defence/crowd control tool.

I always shine it in someone eyes if they cause trouble, don't want to get back, or are getting violent- and if u're close enough, they usually fall to the ground as if maced (at night antway).

nice.
SPYDER%20bulk%201.jpg

It's as small as a mini Mag light, but as powerfull as the six sell ones. :D

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Black, it goes with everything :)

ipscscott

Forum Crew Member
I'm partial to the new pewter looking ones myself. Barring that, blue. If you don't need the size, consider this bad boy:

3watt Luxeon LED flashlight
LUX3-L2T-00-main-web.jpg

It's 80 lumens, about the brighness of your 3-cell MAG, and unlike the typical "tactical" flashlights such as Surefire (runtime of 45min to 1 hr), has a runtime of 3 hours. Good stuff. I have 2 and I'm never without one. Their price is $65, but I got mine at the last gun show for 45 bucks. :ph34r:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Black... I have a couple black mag-lite four cell lights. I also keep a mini mag in all of my bags in place of those useless disposable penlights. They are all blue. No star of life or anything, don't need a classy flashlight. If you wanna show off, fine, but who's gonna see it at night anyway? :blink:

ECC

Forum Captain
Get a D-cell like a partner of mine had.

I forbade him to take it with us when we worked.

What a meatball.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by ECC@Aug 24 2005, 08:58 PM

What a meatball.
Ummm...that was what he was talking about.

Chimpie Posted on Aug 24 2005, 09:59 AM

Ian

Forum Crew Member
Maglight in classic black. I had a blue one for a long time for hunting trips, but I like the black overall better. :)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
get a 6 d-cell Black one.... works a a weapon too....

Now, for my Streamlight plug of the day:

Try the SL-20X - Poly, availible in Black, Orange, or Yellow, and also availible in a LED / Halogen combo unit..... and rechargable.... mount one in your truck....

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Aug 25 2005, 07:11 AM

Try the SL-20X - Poly, availible in Black, Orange, or Yellow, and also availible in a LED / Halogen combo unit..... and rechargable.... mount one in your truck....

Jon
How do you keep a six cell mag on your belt? I'm such a telephone pole of a person that I would have trouble keeping my pants up. Would you wear two belts and suspenders?

Cap'nPanic

Forum Lieutenant
get bright green flurescent one that holds 6 d-cell batteries.

1.) You will be considered a true whacker

2.) Its a great compliance tool - one whap on the pts head and they're compliant.. :D :p B)

-Cap'nPanic

The one, the only, the compliance officer B)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by Cap'nPanic@Aug 25 2005, 08:40 PM
get bright green flurescent one that holds 6 d-cell batteries.

1.) You will be considered a true whacker

2.) Its a great compliance tool - one whap on the pts head and they're compliant.. :D :p B)

-Cap'nPanic

The one, the only, the compliance officer B)
That's why you get the red ones....it hides the blood better ;)

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Aug 24 2005, 09:54 AM
Here's what you need.... a blue one with a star of life!

Also, Mag is apparently a big supporter of the red cross, but I can't find one engraved with the red cross... that would be cool!!

Galls - Blue With Star of Life
Maglite Solitaire from the San Diego Chapter ARC. This is the small 1-AAA cell keychain version.

Mini-Maglite from the Greenwich Chapter ARC. No picture, assume its the 2-AA cell version.

Let me know if you want me to check our Chapter the next time I'm there...they have a bunch of logo stuff, but don't sell it through the website.

And, since someone mentioned Mag and ARCs partnership, this is from the ARC National webpage.

WASHINGTON, Wednesday, July 30, 2003 — The American Red Cross is partnering with Mag Instrument, maker of Maglite® flashlights, the world’s leading premium flashlights, to build awareness and support for the organization’s preparedness initiative. Mag Instrument contributed $250,000 to the Red Cross and has developed new packaging for its flashlights that includes Red Cross emergency preparedness checklists and guides - materials that have the potential to save a life. Mag Instrument is also devoting a new section of its Web site to the Red Cross safety materials and will build public awareness for the preparedness initiative through its holiday advertising.

Read more here.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
I have a Streamlight Scorpion that I wear on my uni belt, and I love it. It's small (bit thicker than a 2-AA Mag, but shorter), really bright and has a rubber shell that makes it easy to hang onto. Kinda pricey for a mini light ($30-40).It uses lithium batteries, so long life on those but more expensive to replace...though in the long run, you'll probably pay the same for batteries.

For my regular job, I have a Streamlight Jr. that I carry. Its a 2-AA light and is about the same size as a Mag, but it has a push button tailcap which I like a lot better than the twisting head that the Mag uses.

My favorite though is the 2-AAA UK (Underwater Kinetics) light I keep on my keychain. Like most of the UK's, the batteries sit side-by-side (instead of in line), so its small and barely noticable. Puts out plenty of light. Also has a small clip for clipping on a ball cap.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by SafetyPro@Aug 27 2005, 01:00 AM
For my regular job, I have a Streamlight Jr. that I carry. Its a 2-AA light and is about the same size as a Mag, but it has a push button tailcap which I like a lot better than the twisting head that the Mag uses.
I have the LED version, and I love it.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Aug 25 2005, 03:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Aug 25 2005, 03:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Aug 25 2005, 07:11 AM

Jon
How do you keep a six cell mag on your belt? I'm such a telephone pole of a person that I would have trouble keeping my pants up. Would you wear two belts and suspenders? [/b][/quote]
You wear a duty belt.... with suspenders, if needed :huh: :D

ECC

Forum Captain
Originally posted by ffemt8978+Aug 25 2005, 01:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ffemt8978 @ Aug 25 2005, 01:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ECC@Aug 24 2005, 08:58 PM

What a meatball.
Ummm...that was what he was talking about.

Chimpie  Posted on Aug 24 2005, 09:59 AM
[/b][/quote]
Sorry...sausage fingers again it shoud have read 6 D-Cell

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
I have a Red 3 D mag in my red car and a blue one in my blue car