Where is everyone from?

certguy

Forum Captain
Where I'm from

Hi , I'm Craig and I live in Wofford Hts. in the Kern River Valley 50 miles east of Bakersfield , CA in the foothills of the Sierras. I worked 8 years in San Diego as an EMT . A total of 7 with Schaefer amb. and 1 with Southwest amb. When they were there . I was also an out of district call firefighter for Crest Fire Protection District in El Cajon for 5 years , and a seasonal FF for CDF ( now CALFIRE ) in Warner Springs for part of a season . I worked in Kern Valley for 3 months before coming down with an illness that cost me my job due to too many missed shifts at the end of my probation period . I took a 15 year hiadus from EMS and just became nationally registered in june . I've been a CERT member / trainer for almost 3 years now . I'm also an ARC CPR / first aid instructor and DAT team member and a ham radio operator . ( KG6YNM ) By the way , Restech , it's good to see somebody from PA on the site . I grew up in Lock Haven ( clinton county ) and first got interested in EMS while serving on a Civil Air Patrol ground SAR team in high school .

CERTGUY

i5adam8

Forum Crew Member
I am from Michigan,just completed Basic school,passed NR exams,and now waiting on my state license(which is taking forever)

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
Wow. Thought I had already responded in this thread a while ago. Guess not.

Laura, OH. FF/EMT-B.

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
I'm Will, live and work in this wonderful City of Atlanta, where the players play. I work as an EMT-I/85 for Grady EMS, the largest hospital based 911 system in the nation running over 100,000 calls a year:eek: over a 132 sq mile area.
My shift is Sat, Sun, Mon 1730-0650 and I just learned that I'm on track to run nearly 2500 calls personally this year (I dunno if i should be proud or what:unsure:)

emtwannabe

Forum Lieutenant
I am from the southside of Atlanta, and I too am I/85 certified. I work at a true "you call, we haul" service. I start medic school next week. I work on the firefighter schedule, 24 on, 48 off.

medicp94dao

Forum Crew Member
South Bend, Indiana

hitechredneckemt

Forum Crew Member
Im from Jerusalem Ohio. i run volley for Beallsville EMS and work for a private company called EMT. I justed finished medic class waiting to test NR.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Saw this post pop back up, saw my name on the second post and realized it's all wrong now. :p

I work in Santa Cruz, CA and live in Scotts Valley, CA.

certguy

Forum Captain
Where's Connelsville ??? Lock Haven is right in the middle between State College ( Penn State football games ) and Williamsport ( Little League World Series ) .

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
I'm Erin, live just south of Atlanta. I'm in EMT-I school, taking NREMT in March.

Hopefully I will be working with Gradymedic soon!!

GeezerEMT

Forum Ride Along
I am Mike from Fredericksburg , VA . I'm just getting into EMT training. Over the past summer I assisted some EMT's standing by for a local event (gofer) type stuff. The had several heat exhaustion cases, two serious, and a cracked fibula. They were volunteers and I enjoyed helping them out and could see how they help the community. I already have a job (23 years) but I wanted to help out my communityby volunteering.

Artique

Forum Crew Member
I am from Riverside California. Southern cali, not in the best of place but very high volume for EMS calls. We have a huge Paramedic and Fire Medic shortage, like some 20 stations were supposed to open up but couldent due to inadequate NREMT training. haha come on down everybody and party

Epi-do

I see dead people
Guess I never did reply to this one...Indianapolis

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm in rural NW Washington state but I've lived all over the US. I volunteer and provide EMS education for a volly fire department and am the medical training officer for the county SAR unit. I also do Wilderness FA training, CPR, Industrial First Aid on my own as a side job. I work 40 hours a week for an engineering firm and have no intention of quitting my day job. I'm married to a career FF/EMT-P (24 years so far)

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Hi. This is my first posting on this site, even though I've been signed up for awhile. I thought this was a good place to start. I'm a volunteer Ambulance Officer from New Zealand.
Cheers Enjoynz