Where do you want to be in 5 years?

swmedic

Forum Ride Along
Not so newbie, but...

I hope to be done with my PhD in Public Safety and be the Public Safety Director of a mid sized city or community. Would love to teach some also!!

motomedic

Forum Crew Member
well I saw some1 already wrote it, but I hope to be as positive about going on the "bs call" as I am now being a new medic. Attitude is everything. I have met some very salty 3 year medics haha that I do not want to be like whatsoever! hope to be off probation with ______ fire dept. utilizing all the education I had to work so hard for. Cheers!!!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Four stages

Age 8 to 16: vertebrate paleontologist.
Age 22 to 26: paramedic.
Age 26 to 33: RN, work in ER, maybe beome supervisor, publish.
Now: retire in 2007 (oops....).I meant retire in six months or less to a non-nursing job.
Five years? Too uncertain.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Age 8 to 16: vertebrate paleontologist.
Age 22 to 26: paramedic.
Age 26 to 33: RN, work in ER, maybe beome supervisor, publish.
Now: retire in 2007 (oops....).I meant retire in six months or less to a non-nursing job.
Five years? Too uncertain.

It is all good as long as tou are not saying:

"Five years? Pine box."

However, I do like the "Carousing the Red Light District in some Asian City" response... EMTLIFE - "Opening up Possibilities for the Masses" ^_^

atropine

Forum Captain
Hopefully, a fire department. That or the red light district of Tokyo, wasting money on some gal.

nicely said. well maybe I'll retire in 5 years with my pers and you can have my spot, and I'll do that tokyo thing for you and let you how it goes.:rolleyes:

dragonjbynight

Forum Crew Member
since no one else mentioned it....living..lol
otherwise, I have no clue, have done too many things and haven't found the right one yet. Otherwise, obtain as much training and education as possible to be the best at whatever i choose to do...generic, i know, but it works.

piranah

Forum Captain
2 months-have my medic ticket in hand...
5 yrs- be a medic at the service im at now....have my BSN from URI and have my initial training in the ER to work as a per-diem ER nurse full time medic...*cough*med school?*cough*..have my dog charlie...a Ducati monster...a house and a nice woman...( i want the ducati first..LOL

thegreypilgrim

Forum Asst. Chief
So many different things I want to do, hard to narrow it down. Hopefully at least some of the following will be done or in the process of doing:

- be done with my B.S.
- get my FP-C and work as a flight medic
- international medical expatriate deployment (International SOS, etc.)
- starting the process of relocating to Australia to work as a paramedic in their system

Yeah, I know...pretty chaotic.

john76

Forum Probie
hopefully working as a air medic somewhere have a couple companies in mind in my area.that is if i can get through school

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
just finishing up chiropractic college, getting ready to enter the family practice

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Finishing nursing school... career fire... or in king county medic school.

Aerin-Sol

Forum Captain
I want to have my 4-year-degree, be fluent in Spanish, and in year two of a peace corps assignment with PA school awaiting my return.

Medic

Forum Lieutenant
Depending if i say in SA:

Finnish school. Finnish a ECT course, emergency care tech (which is ils on roids so to speak) and finish my marketing degree and maybe look at doing rescue.

If i move:

Be in Canada, Australia or New Zealand. studying hat ever degree it is they study to be a paramdic.

Medic

Forum Lieutenant
Depending if i stay in SA:

Finnish school. Finnish a ECT course, emergency care tech (which is ils on roids so to speak) and finish my marketing degree and maybe look at doing rescue.

If i move:

Be in Canada, Australia or New Zealand. studying hat ever degree it is they study to be a paramdic.

Summit

Critical Crazy
where I am right now doing what I am right now except being an RN and Medic

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
In 5 years I hope to be traveling the world training EMS as a full time gig instead of just part-time.