Where do you keep your pocket knife?

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
So I keep a pocket knife on me and I clip it to my right side pocket. The only other thing in that pocket is a leather wallet, so I have been happy keeping it there. Recently I noted that if I'm not careful getting into and out of my car, I can leave a little scratch on my car due to how the clip is shaped. It has to be pretty hard to even leave a mark, and the one that's on there right now rubbed off, but I was wondering how people get around this?

Put it all the way in your pocket, and it's not easy to get to. Clip it outside, and you risk scratching all sorts of things...

Solutions?

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
So I keep a pocket knife on me and I clip it to my right side pocket. The only other thing in that pocket is a leather wallet, so I have been happy keeping it there. Recently I noted that if I'm not careful getting into and out of my car, I can leave a little scratch on my car due to how the clip is shaped. It has to be pretty hard to even leave a mark, and the one that's on there right now rubbed off, but I was wondering how people get around this?

Put it all the way in your pocket, and it's not easy to get to. Clip it outside, and you risk scratching all sorts of things...

Solutions?

I have seen ppl keep them on their boot. I have also seen ppl carry it the same way you describe but in one of the side cargo pocket or scissors pocket/pouch.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Back pocket next to wallet.

Smash

Forum Asst. Chief
In my pocket. Is this a trick question?

OP
OP
W

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
So for the guys that say they keep it in the pocket, is that all you keep in the pocket, therefore when you reach into the pocket you know your knife will be there?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Right leg pocket, inside the pocket inside of it on the 5.11 EMS pants, next to a flashlight

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Clipped to my R front pocket.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I use bungee cords and wear it slung across my back Scottish claymore style. Probably won't work for you though because the two handed hilt still occasionally hangs up on the roof of the car when I'm getting and out. Leaves a hell of a scratch.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I just carry mine on the outside leg pocket on my right side.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
So for the guys that say they keep it in the pocket, is that all you keep in the pocket, therefore when you reach into the pocket you know your knife will be there?

It has a clip?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Clipped on my right front pocket. Only other thing I keep in there are keys and chapstick. Never had an issue with it scratching anything because the clip is pretty flat so it doesnt stick out.

RackCityEMT

Forum Probie
Back pocket with wallet or cargo pocket next to my shears no problems so far.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Never needed a knife with a clip. A SHARP swiss army officer knife does (any) the job as long as you aren't stabbing. And that in the left front pocket.

VCEMT

Forum Captain
I the tool bag under the rear seats of my truck, where it belongs. I've yet to have a use for a knife in the field. I don't need a knife to show people that I'm a tough guy, my intimidating demeanor from life experience does it all.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
right front slash pocket...im trying to figure out how to get in my car and cause my right hip to touch anything and cause a scratch...

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
The sick and twisted EMS provider in me keeps thinking "Prison Wallet" every time I see this thread across the screen. :wacko:

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
I wonder why they call it a pocket knife?