Where do Companies get their contracts?

Giobobo1

Forum Crew Member
Where do companies get their contracts from? Idk it just interests me to know the politics of it.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Most communities and facilities put out a request for bids when it's time to start or continue a contract. They outline the specs of the contract and then send them to services/EMS providers in the area. The lowest bid or most qualified bid usually wins.

brian328

Forum Crew Member
a lot of it is in fact politics... a lot of people say OCFA does not like AMR, so it will be interesting to see if they renew their contract with Doctor's Ambulance (now owned by AMR). that is just one example. a lot of it is also based on performance like response times, number of units/employees, etc. Also, in systems where the ambulance providers are BLS only (meaning fire dept ALS rides along for ALS transports), i'm sure they look into how much the ambulance company is going to pay out the fire dept for the "ALS service". there is really a lot that goes into the bid process.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Contracts are generally found by walking on the sidewalk near the facility. Usually you can just pick on up from sidewalk and decide if you like it or not.:rofl:

JPINFV

Gadfly
i'm sure they look into how much the ambulance company is going to pay out the fire dept for the "ALS service". there is really a lot that goes into the bid process.

I looked at the RFP for when Santa Ana was put out for a bid. How Santa Ana's contract was written, the ambulance company is paid a flat fee for their service and any income from billing (and billing was required by the contract) went to the city.