What's your "Pet Peeve"?

DenverEMT

Forum Probie
In relation to EMS:

What's the thing that drives you nuts the most?

Mine: When someone puts adult electrodes on the 3-lead and 12-lead cables after being used. I know the majority of times it is an adult, but when it's a kid, it's a real pain to take them all off and replace in a hurry.....

Whats yours?

reaper

Working Bum
Mine: People that don't put electrodes on the cables before putting them away. You will have a 50:1 ratio of adult Pt's to peds. I will take the saved time on the ACS pt!

Bosco578

Forum Captain
Coming to work only to discover kits have been "restocked" to peoples personal preferance,or over stocking the unit.

Lisa

Forum Crew Member
Gloves

I live in a rural are and we always have plenty of people on a scene to help. Especially if it's a MVA, CPR, etc. It drives me absolutely nuts for our "helpers" to throw their gloves in the floor of my truck AFTER I have just got done cleaning it!!!

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Seems trivial but when people don't properly roll up the BP cuff, and if they don't bring all the zippers to the middle on the bags. I hate fumbling around on either end trying to find the zipper.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
overstocking the rig on stuff we never use! I don't want to have to fumble through 28 eye patches to find a 2x2.

reaper

Working Bum
Seems trivial but when people don't properly roll up the BP cuff, and if they don't bring all the zippers to the middle on the bags. I hate fumbling around on either end trying to find the zipper.

You sir are an excellent EMT. Anyone that knows the zippers come together in the middle are alright in my book!;)

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
The top two on my list..........

Not checking the on board O2 and the tank on the gurney.......gump! gump! gump! And how about the famous "I was too busy to check the fuel level" Yeah right!<_<

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
EMT's and paramedics wearing T-shirts as their uniform. Ugh!

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
smelly EMTs

Flatulent comes to mind...I use to get paired up with one on occasion who believed there was nothing funnier than a than a fart with resonance that could be felt over the vibration of the ambulance

My pet-peeve is "newbies" that run their mouth off as though their opinion is the Holy Word and *will not* be corrected.

Cross924

Forum Ride Along
Number 1 Pet Peeve

My biggest pet peeve is watching those who are about to place a line palpate for a suitable vein, choose to clean the area around the suitable vein they intend to stick with ETOH or another solution, then go back before they stick and re-palpate the vein.

GreenEMT

Forum Ride Along
There's a killer bump coming out of the ER at one of the hospitals we frequent...drives me nuts when my partner is steering the stretcher--I try to slow for the cliff we're about to go over, and he pulls like it's not there. Jars the pt everytime!
Bugs the crap out of me.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
There's a killer bump coming out of the ER at one of the hospitals we frequent...drives me nuts when my partner is steering the stretcher--I try to slow for the cliff we're about to go over, and he pulls like it's not there. Jars the pt everytime!
Bugs the crap out of me.

if that the biggest problem you've got, i'll take your job tommorow!

oh, and welcome to the nuthouse!