Whats new

justinpart2

Forum Ride Along
Reaction score
I'm new at tiss so i dont khow if i'm doing this right.I'm a student in ponce p.r. and disided to find someone who can tell me whats up with some of my classes:unsure:

Welcome to EMT LIFE!!

What kind of information are you looking for specifically?

Ask questions, people will answer.

Welcome to EMTLife.

We put the Fun in Dysfunctional.

Jon

Hey welcome to the place. Ask the questions you have someone here is bound to have the answer.

Welcome

Welcome to our family.

I'm hopping you can help me

I need to khnow why do i need to know how a cell is compesed:blush:

Welcome!

I'm not sure what you mean by "compesed." But knowing how cells work is a vital part of what we do as EMT's. CPR itself is simply allowing your cells to "recharge" thier ATP and keep the person's tissue alive until they can be revived. So if you ever want to understand why you're doing what your doing (treatment-wise) you need to understand how our cells work and what part they play, (and they are the Yule Brenner of parts.)

Put it under the wheel of your car... :P

Thats how my cell was compressed. Damn roaming charges! :lol:

Whats up

What i ment was how a cel is made (and not by a momy cel and a dady cel). But thanks eney ways for all the tips. What i still do not get is why do we have to khnow how a cel is afected by diferent sodiom and electrite mixes.:blush:

The sodium and electrolytes have a huge effect on the behavior of the cells, and since the body is made up of trillions of cells, that means it can have a big impact on entire systems and the body. In order to properly treat our patients, we have to understand the mechanics of the body, no matter how small and unimportant they may seem.

It's like a car mechanic - you want him to understand how to change fuses in your car, not just how to fix your transmission.

Well that makes sence

I now understand that. Thanks! I just started today with new a new class and i need to khow if there is eneywhere i can find info on heputides.:excl:

Here are some notes I had from my IV class, but they don't even go into a lot of detail.

Attachments

Back