What size C-Collar does this guy get??

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
This pic came in an email addressed "ET has been located alive and well, selling drugs" I must be a real EMT now, my immediately thought was ":censored::censored::censored::censored:, we dont have a c-collar long enough for dude..."

image011-1.jpg

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
haha oh man!!!

mikie

Forum Lurker
Use a KED for the neck?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Call for a Vet, maybe a Giraffe? Seriously, an interesting pic. If it was not photoshop. The shoulders are not aligned and presents his neck larger... anyone else can see another medical problem? It's there...

R/r 911

Ops Paramedic

Forum Captain
I would defenitly use the finametadelly type collar for this patient. ...you did not have one, i thought so!!!!

You're on your own on this one...

JPINFV

Gadfly
Call for a Vet, maybe a Giraffe? Seriously, an interesting pic. If it was not photoshop. The shoulders are not aligned and presents his neck larger... anyone else can see another medical problem? It's there...

R/r 911

Abdomen looks a tad large compared to the rest of his build?

OP
OP
E

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant

R/r 911

He's pregnant???:p

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP

R/r 911

I'm thinkin' Marfin Syndrome

paramedix

Forum Lieutenant
I would use a short back board to splint that....:rolleyes: shame man...how did that happen!?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
That kinda looks photoshopped... but it is hard to tell.

Given the height, Marfan syndrome is a possibility... but I don't know that much about it... so I'm not going to embarrass myself by going any further ;)

Could the abdominal distention be from starvation, like the kids in Africa that "Save the Children" puts on TV?

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm thinkin' Marfin Syndrome

I agree. It looks like he has really long toes and a long thumb, you can't see his sternum and that may be due to the angle but it may be because it's recessed, his shoulders are messed up. All could be signs of Marfan.

It would be important to note this because one of the most common underlying causes of sudden cardiac death in apparently healthy young people is Marfan syndrome (most common is Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy). They're also at increased risk of developing spontaneous pneumos, aortic aneurysms and dissections.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
As well look at his belly. There is no or poor musculature of the abdomen, & or either he has cirrhosis of the liver, and as well it appers he is mottling too.

R/r 911

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Didn't you guys read the caption? "Police Officers remove _________ from home after an unsuccessful attempt at suicide by hanging."

But seriously folks, I HAVE seen a successful suicide with a neck that stretched. Hooked self up to the bottom of an elevator car, waited until someone pressed for a floor, shoulder got stuck on a girder, immobilizing the pt. and stalling the elevator. Repairman found the body with neck stretched. Death was by asphixiation.

daemonicusxx

Forum Lieutenant
he wasnt getting arrested for attempt suicide. cops got called out for a "peeping tom" apparantly he was "looking over fences" in the neighborhood. cant no one take a quite walk around there anymore????

firecoins

IFT Puppet
He gets a no neck of course.