Administrator
Community Leader

fireemslife

Forum Ride Along
when im on duty its when my partener goes to sleep
off duty everytime im in the shower

keith10247

Forum Lieutenant
Mine is either using the restroom or thinking that i need to use the restroom. I always have the thought of "hmm...i should really go right now while it is quiet" and then the tones go off on the way to the restroom.

bonedog

Forum Lieutenant
I just figured dispatch had direct sensors to the bed/bathroom/movie channel which triggered our line...

milhouse

Forum Crew Member
how about recieving a call from another services to cover there area because there truck is out of service or out on a call. they usually let us know and then the calls just start rolling in.

last tuesday we covered for them because there truck broke down for about 2 hours we did 4 calls in that time. when we usually only do 1-2 a day 2 runs for that station is a busy day lol.

Buzz

Forum Captain
Every time I start for the restroom. It gets a little ridiculous after a while. It's like the door shuts behind me as I walk in and *tone* "....OH COME ON!"

cookiexd40

Forum Crew Member
i tend to be the white cloud around here...the guys of shift before me had a bad wreck on 10-79 on scene and 2 critical transports...since then when i'm on shift nothin but BLS hospital-to-hospital transfers...but give it an hour after i leave work the guys get a code or wreck or something of the sort...been kindof ridiculous around here when i'm here...crazy slow...:ph34r:

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
Anywhere from 45 min before shift change all the way up to 5 min before my relief shows up; especially if I have any plans that I have got to attend to later on that day.

I won't do anything all shift long, but you let that clock get within an hour of shift change and... "Delta 18, 10-8." Christ Almighty!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mattulance

Forum Crew Member
me too

i tend to be the white cloud around here...the guys of shift before me had a bad wreck on 10-79 on scene and 2 critical transports...since then when i'm on shift nothin but BLS hospital-to-hospital transfers...but give it an hour after i leave work the guys get a code or wreck or something of the sort...been kindof ridiculous around here when i'm here...crazy slow...:ph34r:

I seem to be a jinx "of sorts" excitment seems to flea from me. I worked for two weeks before I even saw a drop of blood.

milhouse

Forum Crew Member
I seem to be a jinx "of sorts" excitment seems to flea from me. I worked for two weeks before I even saw a drop of blood.

thats ok ive been working for almost 3 months with my service. i havent seen a drop of blood not even a broken bone. had a couple car wrecks atv wrecks but no good trauma's.

it seems when ever i come on duty the crew before me is the one that has the code or the trauma or that "cool" call. so yea i got you beat lol.

have even seen a code yet.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
thats ok ive been working for almost 3 months with my service. i havent seen a drop of blood not even a broken bone. had a couple car wrecks atv wrecks but no good trauma's.

it seems when ever i come on duty the crew before me is the one that has the code or the trauma or that "cool" call. so yea i got you beat lol.

have even seen a code yet.

Patience, I'm sure the people in your area are trying to get hurt the best they can...so give it time.:p

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
EVERY 24 hour shift I work, and I not kid here, like clock work at 0200 every night I will get a call to the far reaches of the county. I have come to accept it as fact, and it never fails.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
I just figured dispatch had direct sensors to the bed/bathroom/movie channel which triggered our line...

That gave me a gooooood chuckle. "Hey Bill, the toilet sensor at station 18 just went off" "Alright Randy, page em out for that 2 hour interfacility we have holding"

KB1MZR

Forum Probie
Food, Dinner, Can I have a Dr. Pepper? - I am known for sitting down to eat and getting a call. Usually it's right after I order something to drink at a restaurant (explanation for the Dr. Pepper). I could have one call in a 12 hour shift and 85% of the time it comes some time when I'm either waiting for food, going for food, or eating food.

medicp94dao

Forum Crew Member
when i'm on shift nothin but BLS hospital-to-hospital transfers...but give it an hour after i leave work the guys get a code or wreck or something of the sort...been kindof ridiculous around here when i'm here...crazy slow...:ph34r:

Cherish those moments. lol. My trigger depends on dispatcher and who my partner is.