What is your MUST HAVE piece of equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Tresnak

Forum Crew Member
I am just curious. What is your must have piece of equipment, that once you had it you said to yourself---Man I could have used this years ago!

Mine is the Stryker Stairchair with Tracks

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I haven't been in EMS long enough to know a time without EZ-IO, but I do love that thing. Can't imagine having to use the Jamshidi and not having anything available for adults.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I haven't been in EMS long enough to know a time without EZ-IO, but I do love that thing. Can't imagine having to use the Jamshidi and not having anything available for adults.

We did Fast1's during CLS on our fully conscious friends --wipe, push and pop. Not only easy, but grotesquely fun for the applicant. It's too bad they have a 27% critical failure rate.

The one thing I could have used years ago? That muscle that keeps my mouth closed. It also seems to have a critical failure rate after about 18 hours.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Digital Debbie. I hate when the actual dispatchers are on the dispatch channel because one is always very quiet and the next is almost screaming... usually right after you turn the volume up for the other dispatcher.

... And MDTs. I do not miss the days of digging thru the key map book on the way to calls.

This, I can't count the amount of times that the mapping function on my MDT saved my butt! When it would crash though... :(

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
An ambulance that has very good insulation so you can barely hear the siren and more importantly a unit with an amazing AC system. In the 120 degree weather having an AC can make my day

I'm fine with manual gurneys, fine with using MapBooks, fine with using $2 shears, fine without a stair chair, and fine without a lot of things.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
What's special about the raptor?
It's all purrdy and shiny.
Really though it's just much sharper and more sturdy than the ones on the truck, easier to cut thru those leather jackets, zippers, pennies, anything I get bored with and want to cut apart. And all the little built on tools (O2 wrench, seat belt cutter, ruler) just make my life easier. I'm emotionally attached.

I've been debating purchasing the raptor for some time now. Unfortunately I just lost my lucky shears, am now shear-less, and in need of another pair.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've been debating purchasing the raptor for some time now. Unfortunately I just lost my lucky shears, am now shear-less, and in need of another pair.
I like mine... and with Leatherman's pro deal, first responders get them for half off

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
An ambulance that has very good insulation so you can barely hear the siren and more importantly a unit with an amazing AC system. In the 120 degree weather having an AC can make my day

I'm fine with manual gurneys, fine with using MapBooks, fine with using $2 shears, fine without a stair chair, and fine without a lot of things.

It's insane going from a unit like 14745 to one like 75196. You can whisper, and your partner can hear you up front. The older unit you have to literally yell for directions.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It's insane going from a unit like 14745 to one like 75196. You can whisper, and your partner can hear you up front. The older unit you have to literally yell for directions.
Have you ever had to go code in the old CCT unit? That one is the worst

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Have you ever had to go code in the old CCT unit? That one is the worst

OSHA got pissed about our new Chevys. Had to tear them apart and dynamite the cab because the way the AC unit is mounted above the cab and airhorns they were hitting 140+ dB in the cab when we lit them off. Siren wasn't much better in the 120ish range.

Now it's like riding in a limo :)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Today I actually told dispatch I could not copy their traffic because the ambulance is simply too loud. They laughed, and never repeated the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.