1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your most ridiculous call?

Discussion in 'Did That Just Happen?' started by ErinCooley, Jun 30, 2008.

1. bakertaylor28

bakertaylor28 Forum Lieutenant

That is priceless.

2. Medic27

Medic27 Forum Lieutenant

Education:
    EMT
    Dispatch: " Medic 1 please respond to an injury involved pre-existing leg pain, (address) ."

9:30 AM beer in hand, gets up and walks to the ambulance and up to get onto the stretcher. His leg pain has been there for the last 3 weeks and beer is his medicine as we wrote on the report.

bakertaylor28 likes this.
  3. Salty Fox

Salty Fox Forum Ride Along

Education:
    Student
    On my second ride along as an intern, we get tones not five minutes after making it back to the station as my EMT lit a cigarette (authentic EMS experience right there). Dispatch asks us to check for an "unresponsive male, in front of your station."

Sure enough, in the front door archway of our station there was an unresponsive male spooning a bottle of ketchup. Upon walking up to him I was struck by an almost physically tangible wave of malt liquor scent. Upon being roused, he proceeded to stumble off into the darkness in a mostly ambulatory state.

We didn't initiate pursuit.

4. Medic27

Medic27 Forum Lieutenant

Education:
    EMT
    You didn't contact LE? Just let him walk off drunk..?

5. Salty Fox

Salty Fox Forum Ride Along

Education:
    Student
    Wasn't up to me. I asked why we didn't do more, and apparently this is uh...common in our city. Too many drunks, not enough resources apparently.

Medic27 and bakertaylor28 like this.
  6. bakertaylor28

bakertaylor28 Forum Lieutenant

At least this isn't as bad as the trap phone poles I've seen in a certain city in which I once lived. (phone pole in the middle of sidewalk right in front of the window of a gym- naturally while everyone is checking out the body builders while riding by on bicylcles, etc. you end up with alot of meetings between the phone pole and peoples heads.)

Medic27 and Salty Fox like this.
  7. Medic27

Medic27 Forum Lieutenant

Education:
    EMT
    This section is absolute cancer...

8. needsleep

needsleep Forum Probie

Education:
    AEMT
    Got dispatched:
    "68 YO M Pt C/C of severe ankle pain. Just released a few hours ago from the ER for a broken ankle."

Im in Fire-based EMS, so Im thinking no big deal, maybe its just a lift assist or maybe he needs help getting into the restroom. When we walk in, he yells "hey! bring me the wallet on the counter when you walk over here!" No one can locate the wallet so he sends us on a easter egg hunt for it throughout his house. I l finally locate it, bring it to him and as I begin an assessment he hurriedly thumbs through it and cuts me off mid sentence. "Whew! I thought I had lost my debit card but it is in here! Thank y'all for coming!" When asked if he really called 911 because he thought he lost his debit card he looked at me dumbfounded and said, "well, yeah. But, while you're here, can you hand me that box of tissues?"