what do you carry with you at work

Kevin1990

Forum Probie
Im just wondering what other people carry with them when there working. i see alot of ems professionals carry a few things and some that dont even carry. I always have my trauma sheers, littman stethoscope, pen light, mini l.e.d. light, and lots of pens

emt_irl

Forum Captain
on my belt pouch i carry a sheers, a dressing sicissors, a pen light and a pen. and gloves in my pocket.

Buzz

Forum Captain
Pens.

I have a small LED light and a small knife on my keychain as well, but those are there for other reasons.

If I need a stethoscope, we have one with a BP cuff on the back of the stretcher, as well as one in the bag. Same goes for sheers...

OP
OP
K

Kevin1990

Forum Probie
well obv i did forget to mention that i have gloves in my pocket. the reason i have a stethoscope with me is bc my ambulance company has crappy stethoscopes .. so i just carry, fits in my left side pocket perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
I carry a search feature. It allows me to find things already discussed rather than re-asking.;)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Unlike most, I do carry my trauma sheers in addition to my pens... nothing more.

You can never have a pair of sheers too readily available.

emt_irl

Forum Captain
i love laughing at the new lads wearing full on batman belts, im suprised they can barley move they have so much on the belt... everything else is kept in my bag, but i like to keep my sheers and pen torch close by

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
I carry my trauma scheers and pens. I have gloves in my pocket but those are backup just incase I need them or if my partner needs them. oh I forgot the duty radio and whatever misc. Stuff I don't want to have to keep getting into my bag for. But that stuff isn't really work related. Lol

dmc2007

Forum Captain
Pen, pad, scope, and shears. I've got an LED light on my keychain, but that's always there. I don't have a duty belt nor do I intend on having one. My pockets aren't too far away to delay me significantly.

FLEMTP

Forum Captain
I carry my handcuffs... my pepper spray.. my baton.. my glock 17 and 2 spare mags...

oh .. .wait... wrong job....

scratch that...

i carry a radio, my cell phone, and a couple pairs of gloves...

and my quick wit!B)

Medic744

Forum Captain
A pen and my certs (just because when we get popped by the state we gotta have em), and a smile on my face no matter what. ^_^

Buzz

Forum Captain
Okay, so I know I already answered this, but I'm sitting at work currently and just put my hand in my jacket pocket so I have to add something to the list:

Tape.

Great for fixing things, securing things, macguyvering equipment, and a strip of it on your pant leg works great as a notepad.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Flashlight (I work nights), tiny bottle of hand sanitizer, BLS field guide, PDR pharmacopeia, pens, penlight, stethoscope, cell phone, keys, wallet (sometimes :p) and gloves.

medic417

The Truth Provider
A pen and my certs (just because when we get popped by the state we gotta have em), and a smile on my face no matter what. ^_^

No you don't. Your service may require your certification on you but Texas does not require you to carry it. More EMS myths busted. Your welcome. ;)

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Pouch with shears, clamps or two, penlight

Couple pens that never work or run out halfway through a PRF

Cell phone

Stethoscope

50,000 volt stun gun in an ankle holster :rolleyes:

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
I'll admit to a very slight batman belt. But there is a method to my madness. The more stuff on my outer belt and not in my pockets, the more comfortable I am when I hang the belt off the truck mirror and go to sleep.

With that out of the way, I carry:
- Holster holding shears, penlight, pen
- iphone (on belt) earbuds (in breast pocket)
- Radio clip
- Leatherman multi-tool
- Medical directives (cargo pocket)
- Pocket drug guide (cargo pocket)
- Glove pouch
- Wallet
- Keys

Sasha

Forum Chief
Cell phone, laptop, and butter cookies and big water bottle.

Maya

Forum Lieutenant
trauma shears, lots of pens, penlight, swiss army knife, radio, cell phone (good for radio failure or when you'd rather call the hospital than radio), wallet w/ certs, pocket guide and flashcards (for when I get stuck in the ambulance at my partner's house for an hour plus).