What do you all have on your personal vehicles

rmellish

Forum Captain
I've got a front plate with a star of life on it.

And sometimes I leave my stethoscope and clipboard in the jeep between shifts.

No lights or other BS.

TheAfterAffect

Forum Lieutenant
Hmm, SO FAR, In my car I Have A CB Radio, Radioshack 500 Channel Trunking Scanner, Dukes Of Hazzard Horn (Yes, I got the CB after the horn), Galls Dyna-Med XTRA BLS Kit, Civil Air Patrol License Plates, EMT License Plater Covers, Set of CAP Blue BDU's w/ Boots, 24 hour and 72 hour SAR Gear.

Thats it so far.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've got a State EMT patch sticker and 9/11 memorial sticker on the back of the car (very common around here). Then I've got a state EMS license plate on the back, and a squad plate on the front. I've got a standard scanner, and a Kenwood TM-V7A (for when I want to "ham it up").

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
I have a NREMT sticker that I haven't put on yet. I also carry a Radioshack scanner once in awhile.

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
I have some bandaids and hand santizer in the mini-van, there is a 2" star of life between the rear-view mirror and the roof of the jeep.

yowzer

Forum Lieutenant
Some gloves, hand sanitizer, box of bandaids, duct tape... used to have a wacker jump kit, but my car got broken into once at a trail head, and that was the only thing stolen. Never got around to replacing it.

MAC4NH

Forum Crew Member
I have a 1st aid kit in the trunk with my work jacket & Helmet. The back window has a NJ EMT sticker, a sticker for my hospital, a sticker for a volunteer squad that I'm no longer on (to lazy to scrape it off). The front windshield has a hospital parking sticker. There is a 16 year old halogen rotator blue light with a reflector on the dash. The light gets turned on maybe twice a year. Mostly it's to keep the PD off my case on the highway. That's why it hasn't been replaced with a new "stealth" LED setup.

CENTXEMT

Forum Ride Along
I have basic first aid supplies and my bp cuff from class, and my stethoscope is in there as well so my kids can't get a hold of it.

emtsteve87

Forum Probie
Blue light on top
Green dash light
NYS EMT-B Sticker on windshield
Star of Life decal on bed door
Star of Life and Cadaceus with my two vollie squad's names above and below decal on back window

First Aid kit
C-Collar
Extrication gloves
Flashlight
Window punch/seatbelt cutter
Roadside Emergency Kit
Flares
Road Triangle
Fire Extinguiser

all that in a little white ford ranger

LE-EMT

Forum Lieutenant
Holy god you people are insane. I am not gonna get started on the liability of having all that crap in your POV's. What I will say is Blow past me doing anything more then 10 over the speed limit and your truck says EMT or fire on it lighted or not Your getting pulled over. I understand that you all are serious about your jobs and all that but You are more of a danger screaming down the road to some call then the marked unit running lights and sirens. Just because you are EMS/Fire Personal doesn't give you the right to break the law. Just because you are running code 3 doesn't mean that you aren't subject to the same laws that apply to civilians. If you aren't on duty then you don't need to respond and if you are on call you need to take your behind to the station and grab a marked unit. The only reason I can see to light your ride is if you approach an MVA in the middle of now where and you are the first on scene. Light your ride so that people see there is something going on and help is on scene. Other then that don't let me catch you weaving threw traffic running code 3 in your POV. On that note I will say thank you to those men and women who do respond off duty to MVA's on the side of the road. You have saved my life more then once.

But on that note my POV is my patrol car..... Yeah I had to kiss some brass to work that. I would love to show you all some pics but well its unmarked and I would like to keep it that way.......
Basics.
Laptop mount with air card. MDT mount
custom built console with all my comms. radio and scanner, blue tooth set up, nextel set up. lighted out the wahzoo. Limo tint all the way around No stickers. Shot gun mount, M4 Mount, tack vest in the back, Entry gear, 2 ammo cans 40 cal 12 gauge and, 223, 3-4 flashlights all on chargers, box of nitrile gloves some where, I don't transport so no cage, and a bunch of other crap that I never use but keep on hand.

Pittsburgh Proud

Forum Lieutenant
Funny reading this thread. My car (that I drive everyday) Two small decals each for the company I work for. Again so the cops hopefully go lighter on me when pulled over. I hear the do.

I have in the car hand sanitizer, no kit of any kind. We are aloud to run blue lights but I don't have any however there is a bar in the basement to go on my full size van sometime this summer, price was right (free) and it wouldn't be over sized and look silly on my van.

Nothing else with me, might be a roll of tape in my glove box from work but nothing else. Just don't have a desire to carry a ton of stuff. Back in the day I had it all but those were years ago.

WAIT!!!!! I'm sorry I had to come back and edit... I have my gear bag in the trunk this carries my rescue bunker gear that I have to hand carry to the truck at the start of each shift. Each shift I do we load and unload our gear so if we have a rescue call we have it with us. Forgot all about it.
To me it is just like taking a briefcase to work. I didn't even think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
the only stuff in my truck is essentially only there becuase i dont have anywhere to put it. my jumpkit and my tech rescue gear. thats it.

ive had it all. lights, siren, radios/scanner. the works. then i grew up, realized that it was all pretty much useless, increased my personal liability, made me look foolish and out it all came.

i think whackerism is kind of a right of passage. everybody goes through it and its a good way to seperate from the professionals from the hobbyists.

the only thing that outwardly seperates my truck from any other is my national sticker that i keep forgetting to scrape off.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I have an engine in my vehicle. Otherwise it pretty much just sits there....

medicinthemaking

Forum Ride Along
I'm thinking I may be useless...

Wow...I'm beginning to think that I would be useless outside of work. This is all I have...

-Personalized license plate SAVNLVS
-I have a couple pairs of gloves in my glove box
-Pocket mask in the console
-Stethoscope and BP cuff

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow...I'm beginning to think that I would be useless outside of work. This is all I have...

-Personalized license plate SAVNLVS
-I have a couple pairs of gloves in my glove box
-Pocket mask in the console
-Stethoscope and BP cuff

Gloves in a glove box???? That's just sick and wrong!!!!

"Doc" Fox

Forum Probie
On my car:
Blue SOL Decale over the Third Brake Light

In my Trunk:
BLS Kit
ABC Fire extingusher
Tools for Flats, and any other vehicle emergencies
Reflective Triangles for flats, and other things
Refelctive Vest, so I can be seen.....hopfully

In the passanger compartment:
All hazards/wather radio
Nextel cradle charger
Long neck map light
small first aid kit, for the kids
HT1000 moble charger

No lights, or sirens, but I do drive an all white 2004 Dodge Intrepid Police Packege, it still has two attenas attached, and the black spotlight, so I usally dont get hasselled much, but people to go about 10 to 15 under the limit when I am behine them.....pain in the @$$ when I have to go some where and I'm late.

eynonqrs

Forum Lieutenant
I have a federal signal highlighter light bar.

For my radio a Motorola Spectra VHF mobile [my own]. Vertex VHF portable [company issued.]

I have a jumpkit, lots of goodies including C-Collars. No oxygen though.