What color are your gloves in the rig?

bittner

Forum Probie
We have white trauma gloves (which are thicker for those grusome moments) and our normal gloves are blue.

Buzz

Forum Captain
We use purple Supreno gloves. We're the only service in the area that uses that particular color glove so it's always easy to tell if one of our crews has likely been to a scene recently.

benkfd

Forum Crew Member
What? They have different colors!?

All we seem to get are white gloves. I think we got a box of powder blue one's on the truck today. Don't know where they came from but I like 'em!:p
Anyway, we are trying to get some more of them ordered. We are at the mercy of the Supply Department at the hospital.:p

trevor1189

Forum Captain
We are get some thick blueish/purple gloves. I can't stand them because they are hard to put on. I prefer the KC purple or grey gloves, some how we find them on our ambulance. I don't know how they get there, though.
Someone is probably always getting on the ambulance going, "damn! who stole my personal stash of gloves again?!?!" :p

itku2er

Forum Probie
Ours are purple and some are blue both are latex free and power free.

jordanfstop

Forum Lieutenant
latex - white (thick, extended cuff)
nitrile - blue (thick, extended cuff) and black (thin, much easier to use, i use them for most of my patients [that i use gloves on, that is.])

Last edited by a moderator:

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
We used the purple nitrile for years, then the hospital changed to a silver/grey nitrile that I like better. Seemed to be as strong but thinner. Since the hospital quit letting us purchase supplies, we're using these baby blue ones. Nice strength etc but the mediums are a bit too large for me and the smalls are too tight.

emtfarva

Forum Captain
We used the purple nitrile for years, then the hospital changed to a silver/grey nitrile that I like better. Seemed to be as strong but thinner. Since the hospital quit letting us purchase supplies, we're using these baby blue ones. Nice strength etc but the mediums are a bit too large for me and the smalls are too tight.
That is funny, Bossy, I can't find a glove that fits me either. In the summertime the Lg donot fit me and the Xl are to big.

Katie

Forum Lieutenant
usually purple. sometimes blue or grey. they're all latex free unless it's the odd box that came from a hospital, but my partner and i get rid of them whenever we find them :rolleyes:

emtfarva

Forum Captain
Someone is probably always getting on the ambulance going, "damn! who stole my personal stash of gloves again?!?!" :p
No, I meant they somehow get from the Hosp supply onto our truck somehow ;) :p

trevor1189

Forum Captain

Sasha

Forum Chief
No, I meant they somehow get from the Hosp supply onto our truck somehow ;) :p

They happen to fall off the wall, just as the back of your stretcher is passing under the glove holder ^_^

A36

Forum Probie
I think at my old service they were whichever ones are cheaper at the time they're purchased. Mostly blue, sometimes purple, on special occasions snot green. Any gray ones were usually stolen from a hospital.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
I have my own.

I wear PINK!!!!

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
I saw someone wearing camoflague gloves yesterday. I'm going to have to ask him where he got them.

Soon we're going to have to wear flack jackets and helmets I'm feelin ;) :p

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member