Wake county

ASGEMTP

Forum Ride Along
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone here works for, or knows anything about wake county ems. I am considering applying with them the next time they hire and would like to get some more info about the agency and the area. I currently live in Southern California so this would be a huge move for me and I need to make sure it's the right thing for my wife and I before I put a big effort into it.
I have looked at the agencies website and it looks like a great place to work but I would like to get some personal feedback from people who know the system and the area.
Thanks in advance for your help.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I may be mistaken, but I seem to remember Wake requiring you to already state certified with NC. I don't work for them though, so obviously could be wrong.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I may be mistaken, but I seem to remember Wake requiring you to already state certified with NC. I don't work for them though, so obviously could be wrong.
You can apply, iirc, and do the testing with a nc card, or one in process. But to be hired.you need.the card in hand

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
no, you don't need to be a NC EMT, nor do you need a NC DL to apply. NREMT is accepted, but if you want to get info about reciprocity, check out the NC reciprocity page http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dhsr/ems/resopros.htm

You will need to get both an NC paramedic and NC Driver's license 30 days after you start working there, but you don't need any of that stuff before you apply. Pass the agility test, pass the written, pass the simulation, pass the interview, and receive the job offer. Then worry about getting the NC specific stuff, not before.

PM me if I can be of any further assistance.