Verified Vendor Program

Do you want to see a Verified Vendor Program?

• Yes

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The Community Leaders are soliciting input based upon some comments in this thread (http://emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=27605) starting at post 27.

We are thinking about implementing a verified vendor program where suppliers could post about their products, and our members could ask questions and (hopefully) receive answers direct from the company.

There would be requirements put in place to ensure that the accounts would be actually part of the company (the verified part), but they would receive different account privileges to compensate for this.

Each vendor would have their own sub-forum where they can post about their products, and our members could ask questions and post their own reviews. They would also be allowed to link to their company site in their signature, and would also be identified with a special account title.

The question that the CL's want to ask of our members is if this is something you would be interested in us doing?

Please vote in the poll, which closes in two weeks. Feel free to leave any other ideas or suggestions for this topic in this thread.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I think it would be a very nice thing to have. As long as it's not made intrusive for the users. Like possibly make it a sub-section of the advert's forum? It would be awesome to possibly get ahold of reps from zoll, lifepak, ATV, etc onto the forum to answer questions or take suggestions directly from the community.

I am all for it!

Edit: I think it would be cool also if they used the forum as places to announce upcoming products, sort of using their own forum as a blog or such. It would definetly imprint emtlife.com as a major EMS social community website.

Last edited by a moderator:

wyoskibum

Forum Captain
I would love to have the opportunity to let folks know about the four mobile apps that I have developed.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I'm in favor, especially if it can help defray the site-meisters' costs.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'm in favor, especially if it can help defray the site-meisters' costs.

As of this time, we do not intend on charging for this**...however, the vendors will have to come to us.

** this may change in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Alright...who voted no? lol

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Doesn't matter, they're free to vote how they want.

Although I'd like whoever it was to express their opinion why they wouldn't want to see it but they don't have to do that if they don't want to.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Doesn't matter, they're free to vote how they want.

Although I'd like whoever it was to express their opinion why they wouldn't want to see it but they don't have to do that if they don't want to.

I was definitely joking...

You old geezers have 0 sense of humor. With all due respect :D

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I was definitely joking...

You old geezers have 0 sense of humor. With all due respect :D

I know you were joking, but I wanted to use it to make a point about this process. I also don't want people feeling like they can't vote against what is currently the majority.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I voted no just because I don't see the advantage to the community. If the site masters are not making money off of it, what is it exactly that the community gains from it? We would be able to ask these questions at these companies own sites. And then it wouldn't be crowding up these forums.

That being said, it's not that big of a deal to me, and while I don't see an advantage, there's not really a disadvantage either. It would not bother me if we had a program like this.

If it were a sponsored program, I would definately be in favor for it. EMT Life has done a lot for me and it's one of the few sites that I turn off AdBlock Plus for (even though we don't run ads, if we did, so long as they are not slowing down my load times by a lot, I would gladly view the ads).

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I voted no just because I don't see the advantage to the community. If the site masters are not making money off of it, what is it exactly that the community gains from it? We would be able to ask these questions at these companies own sites. And then it wouldn't be crowding up these forums.

That being said, it's not that big of a deal to me, and while I don't see an advantage, there's not really a disadvantage either. It would not bother me if we had a program like this.

If it were a sponsored program, I would definately be in favor for it. EMT Life has done a lot for me and it's one of the few sites that I turn off AdBlock Plus for (even though we don't run ads, if we did, so long as they are not slowing down my load times by a lot, I would gladly view the ads).

Did you read through the entire thread? There were many posts offering ways that the vendors would benefit the community by allowing a direct line with the public to complaints or features that the users want. Along with reviews that users can post up about products... There's a lot of ways it can benefit the community.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I read through it, but I'm just not seeing what it offers that is not already readily available elsewhere. It seems like it would benefit the vendors a lot more than the established community, which is fine, but I just don't see a huge benefit to the community.

Either way, I'd be happy with the decision because frankly I don't feel like it would change anything.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Wu, what are your GPS coordinates for the next twenty minutes or so....?
Predator-Drone.jpg

Like I implied, get em on board and charge 'em.
Heck, charge us. $25/year? Most folks spend more on vending machine pop or Starbucks' a month.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
EMTLife has always run as an Ad-free site (except for some experimentation and joke days). The plus side - We aren't beholden to anyone, for anything.

As of right now, the idea is more so that a verified EMS product manufacturer can come on here and post as appropriate. Like say, an Ambulance manufacturer posting in a ambulance design thread, describing why they build their trucks their way.

I know that these members ARE on here already, and more will join in the future. Part of the benefit here is that they will be "vouched for" as subject matter experts.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Three days left to vote on this poll, or to provide your opinions about this project.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Thread closed while the CL's discuss how to implement this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.