Verification of status

Would you consider this as a possible change in membership classifications.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
Should this site have different classes of membership. My suggestion are 3 categories
1. Civilian
2. Student
3. Provider

Admission to the civilian category would be anyone who is interested in EMS.
Admission to the student category would be for bona fide students and those who have graduated but not employed in the EMS or medical fields. This would require proof of admission to a EMS program or RN program. Proof of graduation would be sufficient.
Admission to the provider category would be restricted to those of us who are a member of an EMS Department of emloyed in the medical field. Proof would be either a faxed or scanned copy of your service or hospital ID, or confirmation wriittn on service or hospital letter head signed by either department head or medical director. If this were to take effect I would have no trouble scanning or faxing a copy of my service ID to the site owners.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
I think that's a bit overboard for the requirements/proof, personally.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Why limit student EMS and RN?

Sorry, I'm not issued a company ID and I'm not going to ask for a letter from my boss for an internet forum.

OP
OP
fortsmithman

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
Here's my service ID.

Photo15.jpg

I've been told that my ID picture makes me want to shoot instead of heal someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
fortsmithman

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
I suggested it because there are a few posters here I'm not saying who but I'm doubting their claims of being EMS. I came to this conclusion by their past statements.

GonnaBeEMT

Forum Crew Member
I just don't see the need to prove who I am and what I do. If I'm not EMS people will be able to tell by my posts

Sasha

Forum Chief
This was already discussed, and shot down.

I don't think it's a good idea, either. What does it matter if someone's a liar and not really in EMS? Are you taking medical advice from them? If you are, then you have more problems then false-EMTs!

And like JP I don't have a service ID, I work in a clinic, and I'm not going to bug the doc for a letter to continue access to this site.

It's just whole heartedly a bad idea.

tydek07

Forum Captain
I voted no.... there is no need to do this. If someone is claiming they are a FR/EMT/EMR/Medic/whatever and they truly are not, we will be able to pick them out by their posts. Forcing people to send in their ID, or a signed letter to "prove" themselves as being an EMS provider is just kind of rediculous.

If someone wants to "play EMT' or "play medic" online, let them... like I said, people will be able to pick them out by their posts. ;)

Take Care,
tydek

tydek07

Forum Captain
What does it matter if someone's a liar and not really in EMS? Are you taking medical advice from them? If you are, then you have more problems then false-EMTs!.

Very well said.

flhtci01

Forum Captain
Overkill. It you want to see my proof, I can direct you to a state health dept. website that lists all the state EMS personnel and their status. I am not going to bug someone for a signed letterhead to access a forum.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Here's my service ID.

Photo15.jpg

I've been told that my ID picture makes me want to shoot instead of heal someone.

i look at your picture and I want to commit mail fraud. :rolleyes:

I don't have a picture to post But I assure you I didn't get out of Sing Sing as the picture may suggest.

My ID labeled me a probie at a new organization I worked at.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
We already discussed this. I already brought it up myself in another post in this same sub-forum. It was rejected by a large population of posters. As far as I am concerned, this is resolved, and it is a most definite "no".

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
Do you know how much work that is going to make for the people running the forum. I say in the community rules, if you are not apart of the EMS and we find out by your poatung them you are out of here. To go all out and do all that is a bit much. Plus my school print out has a lot of personal information on there that I do want to be sending out.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
Clark, you should take notice that it was probably your false and misleading training status that prompted this thread in the first place.

I'd like to see everyone's professional status verified. I want to know who is a real professional and who is just a volly. I want to know who is really in EMS, and who is just a transfer jockey or fireman. That way we know who is worth listening to and who is just so much pointless drivel.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
As I have no way to verify who the admins are or what they would do with such information I would never agree to submit my credentials to post on a forum that wasn't part of a recognized professional organization.

What would be the point of such classification? This is an open forum where a medical director or a 5 year old is entitled to their opinion. Good ideas are not limited to specific classes of people.

If you doubt somebody's credentials, experience, or even think they are overwhelmingly ignorant, just ignore them. It makes your forum experience much better I must say.

There are people I agree with sometimes, people I never agree with, and people I seem to agree with a lot of times. However on any given day or topic they may be more knowledgable than me or have some unique insight or experience. Would their title or employment status have any bearing on that?

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
I'd like to see everyone's professional status verified. I want to know who is a real professional and who is just a volly. I want to know who is really in EMS, and who is just a transfer jockey or fireman. That way we know who is worth listening to and who is just so much pointless drivel.

Now that much I agree with. That is fine if some one want to clam to be a Doctor on RN, that fine. But it would be nice to know who is given me there information.

OP
OP
fortsmithman

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
While my ID says volunteer we are in fact paid on call. Out of the 22 communities here in the NWT there are only 6 communities that have any kind of ems and only 2 are full time one is a private contract in inuvik the other is our capital citty yellowknife and thats only FF/EMTs. the remaining four are volunteer or paid on call. None of the ground ambulance services have any EMTPs. The only service that has EMTPs is Medicnorth they do air medevacs. The private contractor in inuvik can't keep EMTs because he doesn't pay his people good. And to get on with the other one you have to be a firefighter. With our fire depts here in the NWT only Yellowknife is full time the rest are volly or paid on call.

OP
OP
fortsmithman

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
Clark, you should take notice that it was probably your false and misleading training status that prompted this thread in the first place.

It wasn't Clark who prompted this thread it was another.

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant

AJ, look closer at my training status and look at the word Probie!! You do know what that is right?? It was meant as a joke. So to your statement, no this thread was NOT started by me in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.