Uploads Working, and Advertising Members Updated

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I know, the topic title isn't the best, but I wasn't sure how to describe the two latest updates to the forum. Here goes.

1. Uploads working!
Each member that has at least 10 posts can now upload files and pictures to their posts. This will save you from having to upload files to an outside server, then having to use the IMG feature. Uploads are limited to 25kb as of now, let me know how that limit works out.

2. New Members Can't Post in Advertising Forum
Instead of having to report / delete posts that new members make in the forum, I've set it up so it works as it originally should have, and now only members with 10+ posts can post in the advertising forums. As always, all members can read the posts :)

That's all for now. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks to the CL team and all the members that have been so helpful and understanding with all the board changes and updates! :)

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
The chat room thing isn't so easy.

I purchased the script that we'll need and that worked with this bulletin board, but since then the forum's company started charging for their forum, and have since upgraded several times.

I dished out the money to upgrade one forum, but it's just not worth it for this one. I'd rather just move to vBulletin all together instead of paying the Invison Power Board crooks for a mediocre forum script.

Upgrading to vBulletin would be great, and I'm more than willing to do it, but that means that the forum won't act and look exactly the same, and all users passwords would be reset. That means everyone would have to reset their passwords via email to login.

Is it worth it? This is a subject the CLs have been toying with for almost a year now. What do you think?

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Thanks for all of your hard work Matt. As you can tell, I really love this board - I know everyone else does too - and we owe most of that to you for your hard work setting it up and keeping it running. :)

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
how is this going to be done.. in the control area?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I wouldn't have any problem with re-setting a password.

Would we loose the old posts?

jon

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

First, there wouldn't be any charge, fee, or fund for the forum. I get much more out of this forum than I contribute :)

If we moved to a new forum, everything would move with it, except passwords. When you went to log in for the first time you'd get a password error notice. You'd then click on a link and your password would be emailed to your address on file. Once you have your new password, you can then login, and can change your password back via the option in the "My Controls" section.

I'm all for the move to vBulletin (what FireHouse.com users), but right now this software is meeting most of our needs. Your input on this one would be great!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
If it means more features, great.

If it means less features and no benifit but Chat, I don't know if it's worth asking you to do it, Matt...

Jon

rescuecpt

I like the way the site looks right now... much nicer than some of the others I know of. But the one functionality I would love is skipping directly to the first unread post by clicking on the thread title... instead of having to click again at the top of the thread.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@May 27 2005, 10:31 AM
no benifit
Would it have spell check??

:lol: :D :p :lol: :D :p :lol: :D :p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by EMTPrincess+May 27 2005, 11:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EMTPrincess @ May 27 2005, 11:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@May 27 2005, 10:31 AM
no benifit

:lol: :D :p :lol: :D :p :lol: :D :p [/b][/quote]
Ow....

Please note post on said topic HERE: Clicky

rescuecpt

Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+May 27 2005, 10:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ May 27 2005, 10:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@May 27 2005, 11:47 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon
@May 27 2005, 10:31 AM
no benifit

:lol: :D :p :lol: :D :p :lol: :D :p
Ow....

Please note post on said topic HERE: Clicky [/b][/quote]
LOL, good one Princess! That's why Jon wants to be a medic, he can just abbreviate the $hit out of everything and not worry about spelling!

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
LOL..I never thought of that BENEFIT of being a Medic. But boy, I bet that BENEFITis a great one to have. Is there another BENEFITI should know about?

:lol: :D :p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@May 27 2005, 12:12 PM
LOL..I never thought of that BENEFIT of being a Medic. But boy, I bet that BENEFITis a great one to have. Is there another BENEFITI should know about?

:lol: :D :p
but abbreviation is such a long word.....

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I tried that but I cut myself with the scissors, scratched the screen, and I'm having a hard time getting the paste off my fingers. :(

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Jun 21 2005, 12:35 PM
I tried that but I cut myself with the scissors, scratched the screen, and I'm having a hard time getting the paste off my fingers. :(
LMAO, Are you blond? Do you use white out for your mistakes?

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by CodeSurfer+Jun 22 2005, 02:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CodeSurfer @ Jun 22 2005, 02:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@Jun 21 2005, 12:35 PM
LMAO, Are you blond? Do you use white out for your mistakes? [/b][/quote]
Good thing it wasn't an LCD screen.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by CodeSurfer+Jun 22 2005, 01:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CodeSurfer @ Jun 22 2005, 01:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@Jun 21 2005, 12:35 PM
LMAO, Are you blond? Do you use white out for your mistakes? [/b][/quote]
Yea... I was joking.

No, I have black hair.