Transport Vents: Crossvent VS LTV 1200

PRiel

Forum Ride Along
Hello,
I am interested in hearing some opinions on the best transport ventilators for air ambulance use. In particular I'm curious if anyone can comment on a comparative of the Crossvent series vs. the LTV series.

Thanks,

Pat

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I have only used the lvts (for ground cct. )My dad is a flight medic. Will ask him what they used ... Pros an cons etc.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Our flight service uses the LTV1200 and I haven't heated any complaints from them.

We use the ReVel on the ground and that thing is pretty sweet too.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I loved my LTV1200 but haven't used a crossvent

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Hello,
I am interested in hearing some opinions on the best transport ventilators for air ambulance use. In particular I'm curious if anyone can comment on a comparative of the Crossvent series vs. the LTV series.

Thanks,

Pat

I've used the ltv and now the impact 731, I find the impact is much more user friendly. It's only downside us that you can't do reverse I:E, but we've been told that reverse I:E is not really the standard for ards anymore..

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
I use a Parapac. All ya'll are spoiled.

Also, I had to walk 5 miles uphill to medic school, in the snow, and 10 miles uphill in freezing rain to get home. And shoes? Forget about it! I had to wrap a length of rusty barbed wire around my bare feet for traction.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
You're all spoiled. The last vent I ever had to deal with was a PLV-102. Darned thing was the size of my microwave... and about as heavy.

Eddie2170

Forum Probie
Used the LTV1200s frequently never had any issues, had ~3ish REVEL units (that replaced the LTV1000s before I started), didn't use them as often but most of the Medics liked them a lot more once they were comfortable with them

ThadeusJ

Forum Lieutenant
I've used the Crossvent extensively for long, LONG fixed wing transports (like, days). A durable and very capable machine that had few issues. That being said, the service that I was with looked at 4-5 different devices when looking to upgrade the fleet and found the Crossvent to be lacking in comparison with other devices that are out there. They eventually went with the Drager Oxylog.

When looking at devices, you have to consider what you need it for, who are using them and their level of competency. Are you looking for non-invasive? Do you really need all the different modalities (APRV, PRVC, etc, etc) that some of them may offer (and cost you $$). Oxygen consumption is a significant factor as well. Even size and transportability may be the bigger issues for your service.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
I've used the Crossvent extensively for long, LONG fixed wing transports (like, days). A durable and very capable machine that had few issues. That being said, the service that I was with looked at 4-5 different devices when looking to upgrade the fleet and found the Crossvent to be lacking in comparison with other devices that are out there. They eventually went with the Drager Oxylog.

When looking at devices, you have to consider what you need it for, who are using them and their level of competency. Are you looking for non-invasive? Do you really need all the different modalities (APRV, PRVC, etc, etc) that some of them may offer (and cost you $$). Oxygen consumption is a significant factor as well. Even size and transportability may be the bigger issues for your service.

Yeah the oxylog is an oxygen hog. Having no compressor, it sucks down a good bit of gas compared to the LTV/impact..

MGretz70

Forum Ride Along
Used Draeger Oxylog and Impact. Personally I like the Draeger a lot better than the Impact as far as ease of use and alarms. At times the Impact is a huge pain in the butt!