thought it was just a myth-how stupid i was

soon2bemt

Forum Crew Member
So yesterday one of the ladies from my class was doing a clinical-there hadn't been any calls all day-as of two pm-she said to one of the medics "wow, it is pretty quiet around here"-the whole station house just looked at her like "oh my god, you just didn't say that". They kept giving her :censored::censored::censored::censored: about it-until no joke ten minutes later they get a call-the remaining three crews all got calls like an hour after that one-needless to say no one got back to the station until about 10 pm.

Now, I know it is true-not just a myth. Saying the "q" word. lol.........

disassociative

Forum Captain

Nope; it's true everywhere you go. There are dark forces at work in this world;
and you froto, just experienced one of them. Whenever the Q word is uttered; a curse is born--a curse that no medic can control. This beast feeds off of your life force; it has the power to manifest it's energy into many forms, Car wreck, MCI, Motorcycle Accidents, Fires, even a person with a mayonaisse jar inserted in their rectum.

Good luck froto; this is as far as I can take you; the rest you must discover on your own.

OP
OP
S

soon2bemt

Forum Crew Member
mayo jar in a patient's rectum???????????

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
disassociative said:
Nope; it's true everywhere you go. There are dark forces at work in this world;
and you froto, just experienced one of them. Whenever the Q word is uttered; a curse is born--a curse that no medic can control. This beast feeds off of your life force; it has the power to manifest it's energy into many forms, Car wreck, MCI, Motorcycle Accidents, Fires, even a person with a mayonaisse jar inserted in their rectum.

Good luck froto; this is as far as I can take you; the rest you must discover on your own.

ROFLMAO!!!

I don't believe in that "Q" word thing, it's just not logically possible, BUT I would never say it at a station, because they'd hate me.

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Wingnut said:
I don't believe in that "Q" word thing, it's just not logically possible, BUT I would never say it at a station, because they'd hate me.

I guess the q-word is defective on our campus, because as soon as we think we're going to have a busy night/weekend, we get nothing. Dead silence. We even radio one another to ensure that it's not our radios screwing up. We have one weekend a year where we historically get something like 20 calls in a day, but this year, we only got one call the ENTIRE weekend.

Here's our dilemma, as soon as we think we're getting a fairly simple call, it balloons into some made for tv drama. Like the time we got a call for an ice pack, which my partner and I almost didn't go to because we were a little confused about the request (we don't have ice packs.) When we got there, the kid was basically fine and didn't want to be treated. Everything was cool until we found out that he was 17 and can't refuse treatment. That's when the cops turned up, we were threatened with lawsuits, and we had at least 7 EMTs on scene between responders, ambulance crews, and supervisors.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
TCERT1987 said:
I guess the q-word is defective on our campus...
Forgive my forgetful mind... where do you work again?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Oh... Connecticut. I was born there, but I don't admit it very often. If anyone asks me where I'm from I say Indiana. :)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I once told my partner "It's really quiet tonight." She turned around, looked me square in the eye, and punched me as hard as she could. I was tempted to call for an ALS intercept, but I couldn't catch my breath :)

That's the last time I said that.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
MMiz said:
I once told my partner "It's really quiet tonight." She turned around, looked me square in the eye, and punched me as hard as she could. I was tempted to call for an ALS intercept, but I couldn't catch my breath :)

That's the last time I said that.

ROFLMAO!!!! :lol:

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Chimpie said:
Oh... Connecticut. I was born there, but I don't admit it very often. If anyone asks me where I'm from I say Indiana. :)

Hah!!! Where in Connecticut?

I'm from a city in Georgia called Decatur, but since I don't want to explain where it is, I say I'm from Atlanta.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't believe in it.

Not at all.

Its crap...bogus....crazy....

My partner...she does....so I don't say the quiet word...or the slow word...or the "MAN! We haven't done NOTHING today" phrase!....I will however comment on just what a wonderful day it has been, when it has been....

Although, on my truck...those words don't normally apply anyway.

gradygirl

TROUBLE
EMTPrincess said:
Don't believe in it.

Not at all.

Its crap...bogus....crazy....

My future partners are gonna hate me, I'd just do it to scare the crap out of everyone. Then again, I live up to being Smart :censored:...what can I say? :ph34r:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
TCERT1987 said:
Hah!!! Where in Connecticut?
I was born at Bridgeport Hospital. Where did we live? I have no idea. We moved to VA when I was seven months old.

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Chimpie said:
I was born at Bridgeport Hospital. Where did we live? I have no idea. We moved to VA when I was seven months old.

Got it. Wait, VA? I thought you told people you were from Indiana. :huh:

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
It happened to me today

Another event at an equestrian park. Usually these events are slow and we spend most of the day getting sunburned.
Earlier today, I'm toolin' around on the golf cart with my partner and we both decide to head to the bathroom trailer. The horse park usually has porta-potties but they now have this really nice bathroom trailer. Air conditioning, actual plumbing, soap & hot water.. the works. It's all one unit, and divided in half. Men on one side, women on the other.

So. We both said "It's nice and quiet." She goes in her half, I go in mine. My allergies were acting up a bit, so I decided to blow my nose first. I finished doing that and turned around and... *bleep* "Medics.. hey you turkeys, where are you?" I walked out the door and radioed that we were responding. Less than 1 second later, my partner comes flying out of the door, saying "*&^$%#!!! I didn't get to pee!!"

And off we went.

OP
OP
S

soon2bemt

Forum Crew Member
that was funny...........:p :lol:

OECTECH

Forum Probie
I was patrolling a Celtic Festival in PA. It was just myself and another patroller there. We both were bored and she happened to mention how quiet it was. I turned and said "Mack" now we are screwed. So we go in to get lunch, we were both starving, we sit down at there it goes "Staff to First Aid" I answer "This is First Aid go" We have a young girl down in the playground" "10-4 Responding". Turns out the girl was pushed by a friend and the only thing hurt were her feelings.

disassociative

Forum Captain
Maybe we should make videos documenting the "Q" word and when it was
said; and the amount of calls received during such times compared to
any other day. I'm almost willing to bet the results would surprise some.

ffmedic

Forum Probie
We only have Q times when we have ride-alongs. EMT's who want to get some ambulance time for class or whatever. They show up and its pretty much gauranteed we don't roll a wheel.

Of course the minute they go home we are out all night. :(