Thinking of transferring companies, help?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
image.jpg

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
No no no! That is not the attitude to take; this is pure, unadulturated gold! GOLD I tell you! I mean, when was the last time there was a poster with the entertainment value that has been displayed here? Troll or real, doesn't matter, this is just hilarious!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well I have over 130 hours of experience in transporting the homeless and being assaulted by toothless hypoglycemic meth addicts.
And I've seen plenty of people who store their clothing in a peculiar fashion in the way that it takes up the entire floor space of the house along with carcasses of their many "lost" pets.

Yeah I'm using my uniform for the firehouse discount. I'm poor and still paying for college so I need it more then you employeed people sitting on your throne of experience who have earned the right to take all of the reclinable furniture that you complain about people using.

One day I too will have a reclinable chair.
That's a big undertaking
I have over 130 hours sitting on the toilet doing my business. Does that make me an expert on how they work? No. It just means that I know if I push this lever it flushes.

If you're buying firehouse subs and claim you are a broke college student, that is a horrible argument. You would actually save money buy making your own food.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
when was the last time there was a poster with the entertainment value that has been displayed here?

Apparently you missed the I am who I am Sultan Mohammad and his amazing Explorer-1 ambulance

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Wow dude...watch a lot of episodes of Trauma?

If we're to believe that this isn't some solid trolling, what we have here is both ends of the new guy spectrum. Lacking confidence and ripe full of arrogance.

I'd much rather spend time mentoring the OP than spend any time in the "Rolling dying people box on wheels."

MrLegsGuy

Forum Crew Member
"Ripe full of arrogance".
That is surely a beautifully discriptive way of saying it.
maybe I do lack confidence? Maybe Im just sprinting full speed into life because I'm afraid there will be no one at the station I get hired at to sing me to sleep, and check under the bed and the closets for monsters.

And what if I buy the wrong color recliner?

squirrel15

Forum Captain
Would you like a hug?
"Ripe full of arrogance".
That is surely a beautifully discriptive way of saying it.
maybe I do lack confidence? Maybe Im just sprinting full speed into life because I'm afraid there will be no one at the station I get hired at to sing me to sleep, and check under the bed and the closets for monsters.

And what if I buy the wrong color recliner?

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
They'll provide you with a bed and or recliner, but from what I've heard about the fire station, you have to claim one at the beginning of shift or else you're out of luck and end up sleeping in the ambulance.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
If you really want a chuckle, read his past posts.

Did just that and, HAHAHA let me know about them flight connections broman, could really use the inside word.

Well thank you for the words of encouragement. I did my interview today and I feel like it went very well. They were very interested in my job the
Past 4 years working in assisted living.
This isn't any EMT class, it's actually a compound course, and needs to be reduced from 45 applicants down to 18. He course itself is for EMT-B cert but includes clinicals and has links to some major good opportunities, not to mention flight medic connections.
So they take applicants very seriously.

Was very delighted to see I was one of 5 people wearing a tie lol

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently you missed the I am who I am Sultan Mohammad and his amazing Explorer-1 ambulance
No I remember that; it was an embarrassment for both the people posting in it, and everyone who worked in the same field.

This though...this is awesome. Perfect example of not only trolling, but actual old-school trolling where the person gets people riled up and frothing not by insults and acting like a high school drama queen, but by attacking and mocking what people believe in in a coherent and plausible way.

Highly entertaining.

MrLegsGuy

Forum Crew Member
I think I actually might like you guys.
Not a buncha impulsive idiots like most forums
using clues like past posts

I'd keep going but I think I'd like to stay here.

We only get free drinks at firehouse now anyway. They caught on

squirrel15

Forum Captain
I think I actually might like you guys.
Not a buncha impulsive idiots like most forums
using clues like past posts

I'd keep going but I think I'd like to stay here.

We only get free drinks at firehouse now anyway. They caught on
So is that a no on the hug? :/

emt2mdorbust

Forum Probie
Wow, you went off!!! But you gave great advice, and are wise beyond your years...err...experience.

I absolutely always have a lot to say. I'll say what I think is right until someone proves me wrong.
And for some reason, people always seem to get offended :confused:
Wonder why ???

But really, if I'm wrong then please feel free to pick apart anything I say. Demean me if its what you've gotta do.
Because the truth is, I am the lowest of the low and half the crap im saying/believing might be completely wrong.
But until I'm told otherwise, I'll remain way up here on this horse and hope I packed a parachute, because I really do enjoy being knocked down a notch or two.

If you think what I say is stupid, please don't hold back. I probably deserve it.

Are you a Taurus by any chance? :D We're usually right and we have the best advice and people tend to get twisted about it. But 1month, 3 months, 10months, 10 years later they come to the same conclusion we did. ;)

emt2mdorbust

Forum Probie
Damn, I can't edit again.... MrLegsGuy... I decided to read some of your other posts like DEmedic said... and... I hope you're not a troll. And I hope you're not a Taurus either. You can't sit with us...:oops:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Well I have over 130 hours of experience in transporting the homeless and being assaulted by toothless hypoglycemic meth addicts.
And I've seen plenty of people who store their clothing in a peculiar fashion in the way that it takes up the entire floor space of the house along with carcasses of their many "lost" pets.

Yeah I'm using my uniform for the firehouse discount. I'm poor and still paying for college so I need it more then you employeed people sitting on your throne of experience who have earned the right to take all of the reclinable furniture that you complain about people using.

One day I too will have a reclinable chair.
That's a big undertaking
How did I miss this.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Something I've learned as I've gotten older is that I care less and less what people think of me and whether or not they like me. I just make sure I'm pleasant, upbeat and friendly. If they diss me, I don't worry about whether or not it's me. If I do all I can to be all that I can as far as optimism and pleasantness and such, than I figure it's them. I make sure I'm good to work with, do all I can and maybe more at work and the rest I just don't care about. Funny thing is, people tend to like me more when I don't care whether or not they do.

There may be people that give you the cold shoulder wherever you work. Maybe if you try not caring if they talk to you and just smile and do your job.......