The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

beaucait

Forum Crew Member
First, welcome to EMTLife!

Reply to this thread with a brief introduction so that we can learn a little about you. We hope you stick around for a while and contribute to our community.

Thanks!
I'm Caitlin,
I am a full time student and an EMT-B student. I'm not sure if I want to go to school for nursing or Paramedicine, but I'm sure I would love either. I LOVE helping my patients. I want to be the best EMT I can be! I live in Maine and am taking my class through United Ambulance. It is so much fun!!
My PSE is on March 5th. I am hoping to pass it!

nightmoves123

Forum Crew Member
Hi all I am a paramedic here to enjoy the info the forum has to offer :)

rescuepoppy

Forum Lieutenant
Hello all. Not quiet new, to EMS, or EMT LIFE. Just reappearing after an absence due to life events. See some familiiar names and some new ones as well. Look forward to the shared experience her.

BlauerMfg

Forum Probie
Hello all. Spent a long time in a busy city ambulance, now working for Blauer. Not here to shill, actually kind of want to know what folks want in their uniforms etc. Having had all kinds of bad ones over the years, I'm trying to help foster a better set of clothes for us. Cheers, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

MedicPaulie

Forum Ride Along
Hello all! Freshly minted medic from Suffolk county NY. Looks like a pretty laid back community you have here. I look forward to contributing.

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Hi everyone! My name is Nick and I'm a part time EMT and full time student. I am a new hire as well and will be starting my first job in ems. I am hoping to be a paramedic in the future, as well as work for a fire dept. But first I want to make sure I have as much much medical experience as possible!

doc68w

Forum Ride Along
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.

I have been in EMS now for about 13 years. 4 civilian and 9 in the Army as a combat medic.

Ive done 3 tours between Iraq and Afghanistan. I soon we be attending the Army's flight medic course which is now the NREMT-P and critical care courses.

What is the most difficult part of the paramedic course that you all have had difficulty with? Im pretty good on medications. I hear EKG's are a bit difficult. Is there any free or cheaper sites out there to download either a book or what book would you all recommend that breaks it down Barney style.

Thanks in advance.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.

I have been in EMS now for about 13 years. 4 civilian and 9 in the Army as a combat medic.

Ive done 3 tours between Iraq and Afghanistan. I soon we be attending the Army's flight medic course which is now the NREMT-P and critical care courses.

What is the most difficult part of the paramedic course that you all have had difficulty with? Im pretty good on medications. I hear EKG's are a bit difficult. Is there any free or cheaper sites out there to download either a book or what book would you all recommend that breaks it down Barney style.

Thanks in advance.

Dubin's Rapid Interpretation.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
I missed this thread when I first found this site. I got into this because the local service was running a class that sounded inexpensive to me. $600.00. I thought having some knowledge of basic medical skills might come in handy, even at my age, if there is some sort of major event that shakes the nation. Yes, I'm one of those geezers that thinks things are gonna get real bad eventually.

Prior history, went into the Navy at 18, way back in 1968. Worked as an electronics technician. Rode a fast attack submarine, but decided I wanted to try something else, knowing I would have no problem getting back into the Navy if things didn't pan out. Got a job as a city cop 2 days after I got out of the Navy. Worked that for 4.5 months and got an offer from the Border Patrol. A no-brainer decision there since I knew all of my Navy time was going to count. Did Border Patrol for 3 years and jumped over to Customs. Worked as a Special Agent down on the Texas border for 15 of the next 17 some odd years. Was shanghaied to work in Washington DC area for two miserable years, and got myself back to the border. Retired at age 51 with 32 years of govt. service. Had a business taking care of deer leases for the next 11 years and finally shut it down.

Took the NREMT and passed. Whoa! Now what? Started volunteering locally and will probably start working full time next month.

Career plans. Goal is maybe Advanced EMT, not sure I'll last long enough to seriously look at being a Paramedic.

Great site, I'm learning more being here.

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
Howdy all, I'm an EMT from Los Angeles, California. I come from a family of paramedics, and I've been working as an EMT-B for a little under two years. My future goal is a municipal fire department.

ljmonnin12

Forum Ride Along
Hey there! I've scrolled through here for about a year now and figured it was time to participate lol. But I'm currently working full time as a EMT-B with a rural 911 dept in Ohio. I've been an EMT for about 2 1/2 years now and I'm also about half way through medic school. Love the discussions on this site!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluemtnsky

Forum Probie
First, welcome to EMTLife!

Reply to this thread with a brief introduction so that we can learn a little about you. We hope you stick around for a while and contribute to our community.

Thanks!

I'm about to start an EMT-B program in Colorado. I have a bachelors in engineering but finally decided that it's not going where I want to be any more. Paramedicine has been niggling in the back of my mind for years, so I decided to take the plunge and make a change for myself. I told my family that I want to be a Physicians Assistant, hence the EMT work for health care experience, but I secretly think I really just want to be a paramedic. Time will tell...

Lunar

Forum Probie
Hello folks!

I am a EMT-B in NJ. Currently enrolled in a Paramedic program at my local community college.
Joined up to meet more people who love ems and want to help each other to get better! Even tho I have been in EMS for 3 years
I have never really "immersed" myself in the life always been kind of a hermit. So here I am! Whats up everyone!

arny81991

Forum Probie
Hello, my name is Josh, I am based out of Grand Rapids, Michigan. I am going to Great Lakes EMS for EMT Basic training this fall. I finished college already and it wasn't what I thought it would be so I decided to go for a job I actually wanted (took long enough to figure out what I wanted to do).