The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

alphamikefoxtrot

Forum Probie
Premium Member
I'm in nearly the exact same boat as Bella. Starting my '2nd career' as an EMT to pursue eventual admission to PA school in Michigan, facing the same obstacles. B school starts tomorrow, pretty excited!

FireEMTEMD

Forum Ride Along
Hi there. I am a degreed engineer who was also a veterinary nurse/assistant for 5 years. I am now reinventing myself. I am a volunteer FF, volunteer rescue squad, in EMT Basic classes and training at 911 dispatch, which will eventually lead to EMD cert. I am a newly minted 40 yr old, happily married tomboy mother of identical triplet girls, turning 12 in May. I think that about does it. :)

Scotty STL

Forum Ride Along
Scotty from St Louis here. I'm 43 and I'm in the boat like many; reinventing my career.
I'm a bartender turned medical assistant turned (hopefully) paramedic. Have done six years as a MA after a decade of being a bartender. I'm learning after these six years as a MA that I'd much rather be out and about helping people as opposed to parking my butt in an office.
EMT training starts in a few weeks and then on from there.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Scotty from St Louis here. I'm 43 and I'm in the boat like many; reinventing my career.

I'm a bartender turned medical assistant turned (hopefully) paramedic. Have done six years as a MA after a decade of being a bartender. I'm learning after these six years as a MA that I'd much rather be out and about helping people as opposed to parking my butt in an office.

EMT training starts in a few weeks and then on from there.

Good on ya! Welcome to the site! Good luck with everything.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm in nearly the exact same boat as Bella. Starting my '2nd career' as an EMT to pursue eventual admission to PA school in Michigan, facing the same obstacles. B school starts tomorrow, pretty excited!

Finally some Michigan representation. :) good luck!

BTown714

Forum Probie
Greetings!

I'm Bill. I'm 22 years old, and I'm a proud born and bred, 7th generation Florida native (Born in Sarasota; currently live in Bradenton).

I'm a Dispatcher currently in between jobs (the Manatee County Sheriff's Office is looking VERY promising!!), and I'm a big-time collector of patches and other forms of public safety items.

All y'all stay safe!!

Last edited by a moderator:

kev54

Forum Crew Member
Hey,

My name is Kevin and I"m 20. I live in Hawaii on Oahu. I hope to start the EMT program on January 2015 while pursuing a public health degree at University of Hawaii. This a complimentary career for me since I hope to work for the State EMS bureau under the Department of Public Health, I also plan on getting my associates as a paramedic. I originally started in nursing at University of Kentucky but University of Hawaii would not let me transfer everything over so I have to redo classes. At the moment I just started volunteering in a ER which is pretty hands on for what some volunteers are allowed to do. I'm driven and I usually have lots going on and I like to stay busy.

Tekmbster

Forum Ride Along
Introduction

Greetings all,

My name is John, I'm 27 years old and from Lewis, New York - a small town in the Northern Adirondacks. I've held my CFR and CPR certifications previously at one of my employers previously but has expired and I also have home health care experience with wound care management.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here at EMTLife and hopefully I can gain some insight from y'all. Currently, I am in the process of gaining full membership through our local EMS squad. Thanks for having me here!

-John

emf57

Forum Ride Along
non-emt trying to improve my responce to scenario

Hi all, I just came pack from a trip and had to respond to a situation. I just wanted to share so that I could hear feedback from the professionals. If this forum is exclusively for official first responders I understand and I will take my question elsewhere. I came here because I have no faith in the people on yahoo answers. If I am free to ask is the scenario area where to ask? If not welcome, any suggestions as to where to go for good answer? Thanks.

Dan

Roberto

Forum Ride Along
Hello,

I'm a volunteer with the austrian Red Cross and have been working for the Austrian Red Cross EMS for two years before I started to study philosophy. Since a short time I am on a project together with another volunteer thinking about doing a Interactive Video Solution to show and more important teach BLS and later on parts of ALS.
some of you might know the webpage life-saver.org.uk

We are thinking about doing something a bit more detailed and more on the educational side then the "call for taking a course" thing. Something that for example could be used in schools or as a opener of a first aid course.

Further on we would like to go for a version that addresses more detailed knowledge. It is supposed to be a interactive teaching/learning solution taking it way further than viewing slides and clicking multiple choice tests.

Know that we are aware that you can not replace a hands on instruction but that a hand on instruction as well can never reach as many as fast as an interactive video solution.

So what we would like to find out is if individuals of the EMS Community would be willing to back a kickstarter project funding the base module for providing the best non human solution in teaching BLS?

sendmoreparamedics

Forum Ride Along
EMS Student

Hey guys! New here. I'm an EMT-B student and full time healthcare recruiter. I'm planning on working as an EMT-B while pursuing a nursing degree. My end goal is CRNA. I just started clinicals and so far I've had two ER rotations and one fire department rotation. I've had some fantastic patients and I'd have to say riding on the fire truck is really cool.:p

I start my ambulance rotation this weekend, and I hope we will be BUSY! I'm looking forward to actually being on an ambulance and using my skills.

I'm currently in North Alabama for school and will be working (hopefully) in the Nashville TN area, where my fiance grew up. We have set a date for October 31st this year for our weddin'. :p

My medical interests include emergency medicine, trauma, intensive care, (most CRNAs must have ICU experience prior to applying to their program), as well as cosmetics (medspa, laser procedures, cosmetic surgery), and neurology.

My non-medical interests are films of the b-rated, horror, foreign, grindhouse, or artsy persuasion, science fiction, yoga, literature, PC and console gaming, fashion, animal rescue, tattoos, and vegan cooking... when I have time. Since being in school full time and working full time, I mostly survive on caffeine and potato chips. :rofl: Sad but true!

Leatherpuke

Forum Crew Member
Howdy,

Been reading this site for a while, figured I'd sign up. Seems to be alot of experienced guys on here who are willing to help out the noobs like me.

I will be retiring from the Army in about 18 months and my plan is to get on with a local fire department. I'v already got EMT and Fire Fighter 1 knocked out and I'm currently half way though the A-EMT course. I'm also a volly at our local fire department.

Start my clinicals next week and can't wait, sounds like a blast.

Cagekicker

Forum Ride Along
Noob from NC

Hey everyone! 26 yr old Noob here from North Carolina (moved from the Nashville TN area for school). I am currently attending my 1st semester at a community college. I took a Wilderness First Responder course over spring break, and I'll begin EMT-B in the Fall. EMT-I/IV/A (whatever the heck it's called this week) should follow in the spring, and then I plan to continue on to Paramedic in the summer.

I know it isn't the most ideal path, going "Zero to hero", but I have a small window of opportunity to get through school, so I have to do the best I can.

My background is in Corrections, and volunteer fire service, so this is a life-changing type of deal for me.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here!

Sundancer

Forum Ride Along
I've been a lurker since last August when I started my EMT-B. I licensed in my state in February, and I start my job with a rural EMS service on Thursday. I've been working part-time prn with a health screening company since the beginning of March. I'm in my mid-thirties, so you could say that I am starting my second career. If all goes well, I am looking at going to paramedic school in January. I've enjoyed reading the posts on this forum, and who knows, I might even decide to post something one of these days!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Well, you posted today and "broke the seal". Join in the discussions. The more, the merrier!

SomeGuy

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone!! I'm a 28 year old guy from New Castle County, Delaware. I'm in my 6th year as an EMT. I still very much so love the service although I have my gripes just like everyone else. I have had mostly private ambukance/transport experience with some 911 experience mixed in and am currently working full time as an EMT at a local entertainment/ horse racing venue here in Newark. (Those from the area will know).

I'm looking at continuing my education and becoming a Paramedic in the next two years (starting class in the fall hopefully). Looking forward to learning more and talking to everyone here on the forum.

Have a great day! :)

Tampasteve

Forum Ride Along
Steve from Tampa and I am looking to get into firefighting and EMT. I start my prerequisites next month and EMT classes in August. Here to learn!