The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
Hi,

I'm Chris and I will be starting my EMT-B class in Jan 2013. I am so pumped to be starting, its been a dream of mine for so many years.

Welcome to the forum, Chris! Feel free to ask us any questions during your EMT training.

kaaatielove

Forum Crew Member
Hello.. I'm Katie. Been here about a week now, but never made an intro post. I'm 24, live in Florida & just passed my NREMT on the 27th. I work in a critical care unit as a medical secretary/tech and have been doing this for just over 6years. I start Paramedic this Wednesday and I'm more than anxious to get into pre-hospital medical care. :)

Nico150

Forum Ride Along
Hi Everyone,

My name is Nick. I work full-time for a large metro PD, and part-time on one of our fire departments on the ambulance. I enjoy working in EMS, as it is a nice change of pace. Also, people are typically much happier to see you! I'd like to upgrade my cert to paramedic. I might try to get into a class later this year, or next. However, much depends on how I can manipulate my full-time schedule. I'm not too many years shy of retirement on the LEO side. So, I might stay in EMS as a second career. I'm lucky in that I work with a lot of great medics. It is definitely an education in and of itself.

I've been following this forum for awhile, and finally decided to join.

kaaatielove

Forum Crew Member
Hi Everyone,

My name is Nick. I work full-time for a large metro PD, and part-time on one of our fire departments on the ambulance. I enjoy working in EMS, as it is a nice change of pace. Also, people are typically much happier to see you! I'd like to upgrade my cert to paramedic. I might try to get into a class later this year, or next. However, much depends on how I can manipulate my full-time schedule. I'm not too many years shy of retirement on the LEO side. So, I might stay in EMS as a second career. I'm lucky in that I work with a lot of great medics. It is definitely an education in and of itself.

I've been following this forum for awhile, and finally decided to join.

Welcome! :)

MDT2192

Forum Ride Along
Hey

Hello , I'm Mike , I'm from the Detroit area , I have been a working EMT for a year now and am almost finished with paramedic ,

Aggie Guy

Forum Ride Along
Hello Everyone!
I'm Marc, I just finished an EMT-B class and took the first part of the MA State exam. Now I'm patiently (anxiously) awaiting the results of my practical exam to take the written part and become certified. I'm very excited to begin my life in Emergency Medical Services. I'm also currently taking a few classes that are prerequisites for Medic School, which I intend on starting soon.

BEAR49

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone my name is Kenneth. I'm a brand new EMT-B in NJ ink barely dried on the cert (4 months in). I'm a volly in the suburbs and ride night shifts on the weekends. Currently finishing up my final half of my senior year in high school and then off to Rutgers for a Cell Bio degree and hopefully medical school afterwards. Currently have plans to join the dark side and become a firefighter this summer as well. Would love to hear from the people that work for RUEMS as I might be seeking employment there soon.

CandaceF

Forum Ride Along
California EMT

I'm Candace. I'm 25, been an EMT for 4ish years. Worked with AMR in Santa Clara County but have been off for 2 years now since I have my two babies. I want to get started up again but am defiantly out of practice- any advice?

Glucatron

Forum Crew Member
Hello!

Happy to have found a forum where one can talk EMS, bounce care plans, vent and grow in this field.
I am a new EMT. I have 5 months of experience on the ambulance. It has been a good and bad 5 months with tough lessons in every aspect of my job and my self. I've had to grow confidence, the ability to deal tactfully with difficult or resistant patients. I also experienced the struggle between learning from and meeting medics' expectations, and establishing my own rhythm in my care plans. I have never grown so much in 5 months at any other time in my life. And despite my frustrations, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Looking forward to asking questions, answering them if I can (I'll have more questions than answers) and chatting with everyone.

Thanks!

gmoe240

Forum Ride Along
Old medic, new here!

I am Gary from north Texas. I've been in EMS in some form or fashion since 1987, a Paramedic since 1989. I've worked all over Texas, from far south to west to north Texas. Urban and rural systems as well as emergency rooms.

For the past 15 years I've been a police officer full-time but still keep my toe in EMS and keep up my Licensed Paramedic. I've been a tactical paramedic since 2000 on our PD's SWAT team.

I am also a Hospital Corpsman in the Navy Reserve with over 27 years of service now. As a Corpsman I have provided medical care all over the world.

Glad to jump in and be a part of EMTLife, even if I am an old dinosaur! :)

mhrinko

Forum Ride Along
Pa emt

New to the forum. I am a lieutenant for my vollie orginization, ****son City Ambulance, but also work full time on the paid staff at the same orginization. Im 19 years old, and have been an EMT since I was 16.

Ghardison

Forum Ride Along
Hi, i'm Greg and i'm a sophomore, taking a class next year at School to get an EMT-B certification and currently working on Lifeguard Certification, came here to get some advice on possible future in Protective Services.

Engineered

Forum Probie
Heyo Everyone,

I'm Kaitie from Colorado. I volunteer for a smaller ambulance company in the Front Range of Colorado, but spend most my time in the oil field. I have been enjoying this forum for a while and figured it was time to step in :)

Kaput

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I'm Karl. During college I took part in a citizens academy where I was introduced to EMS. I promptly signed up for the basic course the following semester. I recently finished the class and passed the national registry but I have yet to find a service to run with in my area. Lately, I've been spending my time filling out applications.

Michael M

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone,

I'm Michael from Germany and I work at the German Red Corss as the german equivalent of Paramedic called "Rettungsassistent".

In the future I would like to take a look in other countries ems. My favourits are Australia or USA.

To learn a bit more common used "paramedic-terms and vocabulary" I would like to practice and extend my english skills (but not necessarily in the public :blush:). So if anyone would like to change Messages or Mails from time to time with me and would be so kind to tell and explain me a few things, I would be very glad (probably it also would be good to correct the non-paramedic part of my english).

So if you like to have a converstion with me, send me a message or a mail.

Thank you!

Momma4

Forum Ride Along
EMS Student

Hi Everyone,
I am Mindy, Momma to my 4 youngsters. I am starting over in a new career at the age of 42. I haven't been to school in over 20 years, and it has literally been a learning experience, no pun intended! :rofl: My core classes start next month and I am stoked. I was a medic in the AF in the 90's, so I do have some experience. Looking forward to learning from y'all, and being the real deal!

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
Welcome Mike, Marc, Brandon, Kenneth, Candace, Glucatron, Gary, mhrinko, Greg, Katie, Karl, Michael, and Mindy! It looks like we have a variety of veteran EMS personnel, as well as some newbies (like myself). We are glad you chose to join us here on EMTLife.com!