The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Firefighter836

Forum Ride Along
I am 33 years old and I live in Northern Michigan. I am currently halfway through emt-b class. I am loving it! I have been a firefighter for 2 years. I hope in a year or so to take a medic class and keep moving forward in EMS .

medic17

EMT-I/99, paramedic student.
Hi,
I am 17 and an EMR (emergency medical responder) with additional training to assist EMTs on the ambulance. I hope to join our local red cross in the next few weeks. If you were wondering how an under age person like me can volunteer our national EMS has a youth program to give teens like me the opportunity to do something useful. I also hope to be a doctor in the future (although my grammar could use some work :lol:).

ThirdCareerMedic

Forum Crew Member
Hello from a new Primary Care Paramedic (cross between and EMT-B and EMT-I in the US)

Hello, I am starting a new career as a primary care paramedic in rural Canada. It is my third career as my username states. I am enjoying the challenge and soon hope to go on to further training to become a PCP-CP--a primary care paramedic with a community paramedicine designation. There are no courses for this yet in Canada but there will be soon. It is great to see our practice expanding in ways that can truly help underserved populations in both urban and rural/remote areas. Exciting times!

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Sounds pretty interesting. I'd love to see community medics in my neck of the woods. Welcome!

queenofheartz44

Forum Ride Along
Hello to Everyone and their Mother!

Hi, my name is Niquole and I'm a current EMT-B student at Yavapai College in Prescott AZ. I have roughly a month left in the program which is both exciting and terrifying at the same time.
I was originally going for Nursing but that is now on the back burner (I'd be specializing in trauma and emergency care) as I finish out the program. I want to get a good chunk of experience with trauma and find out if I would rather do this than nursing. I know I really want to have the knowledge and experience for both but it's hard to decide!

ThirdCareerMedic

Forum Crew Member
Sounds pretty interesting. I'd love to see community medics in my neck of the woods. Welcome!

I would love to put you in touch with the online community promoting community paramedicine. With health care costs rising and our society aging, I think it will come soon enough to everyone's neck of the woods!

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Hello, I am starting a new career as a primary care paramedic in rural Canada. It is my third career as my username states. I am enjoying the challenge and soon hope to go on to further training to become a PCP-CP--a primary care paramedic with a community paramedicine designation. There are no courses for this yet in Canada but there will be soon. It is great to see our practice expanding in ways that can truly help underserved populations in both urban and rural/remote areas. Exciting times!

NS has been using CPs for a while now and they are having alot of success.

Welcome to EMTlife.... great to see more Canadians here

medic17

EMT-I/99, paramedic student.
Pfft, doctors need neither grammar nor legible hand-writing, you're at least on par! You're starting strong. Welcome!

To get into med-school in my country you need very high marks on something called Psychometric tests (somewhat similar to SAT in the us) . A big part of this test is English. My spelling would make this clear without spell-check.

aaphid12

Forum Ride Along
Hi

Hi I Tony

I have been an EMT for a year but lost it after an leave from my vol. FD so I looking to get it back and go for my medic. I have been a vol. for about 4 years in the OR and WA area.

lbstack

Forum Probie
Hello! My name is Lauren. I recently became an EMT-P in the state of Florida. Im having trouble getting my foot in the door and finding a good job. I also have my AA and AS, but I havnt had any such luck in the past 4 months. Thought maybe joining a forum would help keep me in touch with the EMS world during this transition. Laters!

URI

Forum Crew Member
Hi Lauren,
Welcome to the forums, Im Jay, and am new to this site as well. I don't know what part of Fl. you live in, but I am a former employee of SunStar EMS in Pinellas county Fl. They are a very busy, progressive system with over 500 employees consisting of both EMTs and Paramedics. They have a pretty high turn around in employees so an opportunity wouldn't be unreasonable for you. Again I don't know where your staying in Fl. but I figured Id throw that out there. Welcome though.

lbstack

Forum Probie
Thanks for the tip. I just recently re-applied to Sun Star because I couldnt make my interview a few months back. Im in Tampa. Just recently applied to Hillsborough County.

Vinnie

Forum Probie
Hello everyone. Name is Vinnie, 22 year EMT/FF active Army solider. Love what i do for my town and country :)

Ripleydiva

Forum Probie
AEMT student

I am a 35yr old mother of 2, I have worked as an animal control officer for 9yrs, (still working in this feild to pay for school.) I always wanted to work in the medical feild and went back to school last year I got my EMT-B completed. I am working on EMT-I right now, half way through it, I have 3 weeks left to complete and I am hoping to go on to become a paramedic by next year. :cool:

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
You may find that those two fields are at times not as different as one would think...

:ph34r:

Welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: