The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Darwin

Forum Probie
Hi all. I live in northern Colorado, I just got my EMT-B at the end of the summer. I'm 39 and come from an engineering background, own a business doing industrial electrical controls, and working toward a surgical tech degree.

onabemr

Forum Probie
Wow, that sounds like it's all kinds of fun! From one new guy to the next, welcome!

Ace 227

Forum Lieutenant
Hi everyone. I am an EMT-Basic for an ALS 911 service in a medium sized city as well as a firefighter. I am also a 68W in the PA National Guard. I currently attend college full time and hope to finish sometime this decade, lol. I look forward to learning from your experiences here and to contribute where I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamiae

Forum Probie
Hello everyone, I'm Lamiae.

I'm a current EMT-B student in the center of Georgia; and my goal is to move up to paramedic-level certification. I've run across this site while doing research into classwork, and I've found it very useful and helpful. I'm glad to be a member.

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
Hi everyone. I am an EMT-Basic for an ALS 911 service in a medium sized city as well as a firefighter. I am also a 68W in the PA National Guard. I currently attend college full time and hope to finish sometime this decade, lol. I look forward to learning from your experiences here and to contribute where I can.

Hello everyone, I'm Lamiae.

I'm a current EMT-B student in the center of Georgia; and my goal is to move up to paramedic-level certification. I've run across this site while doing research into classwork, and I've found it very useful and helpful. I'm glad to be a member.

Hey guys, welcome to the community!

Refino827

Forum Probie
Howdy everyone, My name is Robert and I'm 21. I currently live in New Mexico and I serve as a Volunteer Firefighter/EMT-B in Belen, NM. Just passed my NREMT B test, and pretty stoked about that! The forums are pretty neat and there's a bunch of stuff to be learned, and not to mention a ton of good stuff to give you laughs and pass the time.

EMSnick

Forum Ride Along
A little about me.

Well I am a new EMT-B, I work on the Road for a local ambulance service. I also am an EMT-B for a factory here in Michigan. Right now I am still at the "excited" phase, and am REALLY enjoying this "calling" haha

MidwestEMT

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys! My name is Bob, i'm 17, and i'm a current EMTB student at Creighton University in Omaha. I will finish the course in late december, and plan to continue on to paramedic starting in june of 2013, work with local volunteer dept, as well get a paycheck from a private transport company while i'm still in school. I'm a Fire science student at the local community college, with the ultimate goal of being a firefighter/paramedic with a fire department either in a big city or a suburb (No plans of rural service). I've lurked these forums a while, and have already learned tons, so i'm looking forward to learning even more.

DMT

Forum Ride Along
Whats up everyone... I'm Chris. I'm a paramedic/dive medic offshore in the gulf of mexico oilfield. When not offshore I also work for a fairly rural county EMS service as well as a hospital hyperbaric center. Been reading on here for a long time, but never actually joined till today.

onabemr

Forum Probie
Hey to the others who've arrived since I posted. Welcome!

Whats up everyone... I'm Chris. I'm a paramedic/dive medic offshore in the gulf of mexico oilfield. When not offshore I also work for a fairly rural county EMS service as well as a hospital hyperbaric center. Been reading on here for a long time, but never actually joined till today.

Dive medic, nice.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Howdy everyone, My name is Robert and I'm 21. I currently live in New Mexico and I serve as a Volunteer Firefighter/EMT-B in Belen, NM. Just passed my NREMT B test, and pretty stoked about that! The forums are pretty neat and there's a bunch of stuff to be learned, and not to mention a ton of good stuff to give you laughs and pass the time.

Belen? I dated a girl from Belen. Won't do that again :) welcome.

Well I am a new EMT-B, I work on the Road for a local ambulance service. I also am an EMT-B for a factory here in Michigan. Right now I am still at the "excited" phase, and am REALLY enjoying this "calling" haha

So you're in industrial EMS? Very cool.

Hey guys! My name is Bob, i'm 17, and i'm a current EMTB student at Creighton University in Omaha. I will finish the course in late december, and plan to continue on to paramedic starting in june of 2013, work with local volunteer dept, as well get a paycheck from a private transport company while i'm still in school. I'm a Fire science student at the local community college, with the ultimate goal of being a firefighter/paramedic with a fire department either in a big city or a suburb (No plans of rural service). I've lurked these forums a while, and have already learned tons, so i'm looking forward to learning even more.

I met one of your instructors from the critical care program at Chreighton. Very nice guy and your program sounds incredible. Can't remember the guys name off hand but he's a flight medic. Ask your instructors if any of them remember giving a patch to a tall bald flight attendant :) Welcome to the forum.

Hyperberic? Houston area? Offshore is a popular area of interest at the moment I'm sure folks will have lots of questions for you.

I'm a new guy who's considering taking an EMT basic class.

Take it. Course is short and you'll gain info you can use in many fields. Even if you decide not to pursue a career in EMS it never hurts to be able to help folks in an emergency.

Refino827

Forum Probie
Belen? I dated a girl from Belen. Won't do that again :) welcome.

So you're in industrial EMS? Very cool.

I met one of your instructors from the critical care program at Chreighton. Very nice guy and your program sounds incredible. Can't remember the guys name off hand but he's a flight medic. Ask your instructors if any of them remember giving a patch to a tall bald flight attendant :) Welcome to the forum.

Hyperberic? Houston area? Offshore is a popular area of interest at the moment I'm sure folks will have lots of questions for you.

Take it. Course is short and you'll gain info you can use in many fields. Even if you decide not to pursue a career in EMS it never hurts to be able to help folks in an emergency.

Haha to be honest I don't much like Belen, it seems all the good food places close early and then you get stuck with the Diner. But it's a start somewhere so I can't complain too much.

MidwestEMT

Forum Crew Member

You're talking about Rick Erikson. I've never met him, as I don't think he does anything with the basics (or hasn't yet), but i'm sure i'll see him plenty when i start paramedic in june. The Creighton course is AMAZING!!! i've gotten reactions of shock from some friends back in california that I get to go through it. I sat in during an EMTB class at the local community college, and some of the stuff made me cringe and wish I was back at creighton. I'm extremely fortunate to go through the program I am.

K9FemAlpha

Forum Ride Along
My username says K9FemAlpha, but my name is Danielle. I'm a criminal justice graduate. I became a member of Coastal Carolina Search Team where we search for missing people at local law enforcement's request. Because of our missing people sometimes being hurt, our team wanted a few people to become EMTs. I was busy with BLET/police academy at the time but when I got let go, I opted to go for my EMT-B. I start the paramedic academy in January. I've been a volunteer for BA EMS for almost a year now and I can't think of doing anything else except volunteering with the search team. I'm pretty new so any advice is appreciated. Any type of advice dealing with this field is appreciated. If you'd like to know anything else, just ask. Not that great with this stuff, not sure what to say.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
My username says K9FemAlpha, but my name is Danielle. I'm a criminal justice graduate. I became a member of Coastal Carolina Search Team where we search for missing people at local law enforcement's request. Because of our missing people sometimes being hurt, our team wanted a few people to become EMTs. I was busy with BLET/police academy at the time but when I got let go, I opted to go for my EMT-B. I start the paramedic academy in January. I've been a volunteer for BA EMS for almost a year now and I can't think of doing anything else except volunteering with the search team. I'm pretty new so any advice is appreciated. Any type of advice dealing with this field is appreciated. If you'd like to know anything else, just ask. Not that great with this stuff, not sure what to say.

Welcome to the site Danielle. Always good to see folks with a law enforcement background here.

nibbles

Forum Probie
Tim Helgers.
trained in first aid/cpr/aed adult and child.
I took 3 classes of a half year emt program, then dropped out.
Enrolling in an EMT-B program at a community college this spring semester.
I enjoy playing airsoft, martial arts, exploring, climbing.
I'm a portait photographer.