The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Alberta-EMT

Forum Ride Along
EMT in Alberta Canada. Been one since 2007 and employed as one for a year.

Have applied for Medic school.

Cardifflocal

Forum Ride Along
Hi

Hi I'm Aren, I live in San Diego and just finished my EMT-B class. In the next few weeks I'll be taking the National Registery exam and getting all my other requirements to start working in a BLS ambulance. I'm really excited about getting into this field, learning more, and having a career in healthcare. Any advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated!

gw812

Forum Crew Member
Howdy!

EMS-B student this summer, just outside Dallas.
I currently teach high school full-time. Looking to go through Paramedic by the end of the next summer. Hopefully after enough time I'll either add Health Sciences to my teaching certification or discover that the wild ambulance lifestyle's more my speed. I dig public service so the second option's likely.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome GW! Just curious - what do you teach? Good luck!

gw812

Forum Crew Member
Well, that's kinda uncertain! I started as a speech/debate teacher, then got surprised with a switch to broadcasting this year, and still have yet to know what I'll be doing next year. I'm licensed for speech communications, though.

Cohn

Forum Lieutenant
Hello I am Bryan I live in Sahuarita, AZ. I got my certifications recently and since I am only 20 I am volunteering untill I am 21 ;)

I love EMS but volunteering is making me want to do Fire also...

DillR

Forum Crew Member
Hello

My name is Dillon I am 16 and live in Cherokee County, Oklahoma. I am hoping to go into Emergency Medicine (Taking EMT courses next fall and am in the process of training to be a volunteer hosedragger) :)

So, yeah, thats it!
-Doc

red_head

Forum Probie
Hello there, everyone.

My name is Zoë.

I've lurked here for a while, but decided to finally make an account when I landed my first EMS job. :D

I'm 23, graduated last spring from Tulane University with a degree in music, and plan on getting a master's in music education. I've always been interested in EMS and decided to get certified when I graduated.

I have been a certified EMT-B in the state of MA since December. My NREMT exam is next Tuesday!! I wanted to get nationally certified immediately after passing the state exam, but a series of silly mishaps prevented it.

Either way it's good timing, since my new job requires me to have NREMT certs since they work in NH as well as MA. They give you 90 days, but, if all goes well next week, I will have them before my 'official' first day.

Nice to meet all of you.

Poontater

Forum Ride Along
Hello

My name is Alev (aka Poontater). I am 28 years old and just finished school in May and passed my State Exam. I am hoping to start volunteering with Cary, EMS or Parkwood EMS pretty soon and apply to Paramedic School early next year.

Currently I am certified at EMT-B Level.

Looking forward to hanging out here more often and getting to know ya'll.

GhostEMT627

Forum Ride Along
Hey my name is Travis and Im 25. I live in Long Beach, CA and I just finished getting all of my certs for OC and LA county. I was recently hired as an EMT-B and I start this monday and am nervous as you could be. B) I've worked as as a aircraft refueler for the last six years and I don't think that the smell will ever leave me.

Ubergopher

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I'm Ubergopher (or Travis if you wanna call me that instead), I'm 23 and in the Air Force currently "deployed" to Kuwait. I was born and raised in Yakima WA and somehow the Air Force saw fit to stationed me at McChord (those :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:s!). I'm a 3M0X1 which in english means Services (food, fitness, rec, lodging, and in a few cases mortuary affairs)

Right now I've got no relation to any sort of EMS stuff except I took a combat lifesaver class before my deployment in '08. I've been trying to take an EMT-B course since then but due to deployment dates and other military stuff I've been unable to, usually missing the start date of a class by just a week or two. So I look forward to picking y'alls brains on stuff and reading a lot.

When I'm eventually able to take the class and after I seperate from the military (whenever that is) I'd like to continue my education and become a paramedic possibly focusing in wilderness care.

I've considered cross-training into one of the medical career fields the Air Force has, but in all honesty those don't appeal to me to much. I have toyed off and on with the idea of crosstraining into pararescue but I don't have gills and webbed feet. :)

Oh and I'm a gun enthusiast who has more than a few of 'em.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey my name is Travis and Im 25. I live in Long Beach, CA and I just finished getting all of my certs for OC and LA county. I was recently hired as an EMT-B and I start this monday and am nervous as you could be. B) I've worked as as a aircraft refueler for the last six years and I don't think that the smell will ever leave me.

Hi. Good luck in your class.

And get used to smells that seem like they will never leave you.;)

rredfern

Forum Ride Along
Hi my name is Becky and I am an EMT-B student right now. One month left in school! I live in Colorado and going to school at HealthOne, and I love it.

I really can't wait to get out there and get a job. I have a feeling that I will have trouble getting a job since I am only 20 until next May. I am hoping to get my IV cert in late August and maybe my EKG (if it works with my school schedule).

I am attending a local college doing pre-med course work, but I don't know if I will get into med school, then I will go to Paramedic school then possibly nursing school.

I like to play with kids and horses on my limited free time. I work at a daycare as I go to school.

I think that is it! You will probably see a lot of questions from me around here!

stitch967

Forum Ride Along
Hi all! Name's Lilo. I'm from Hawaii. I want to be a SWAT medic, I just finished my EMT-B class. Not sure went I'm taking the NR. I'm going 2 school for my BA in criminal justice in the fall. I've been keeping up my FR skills by volunteering

PotashRLS

Forum Crew Member
New to the Forums

Hello all..........My name is Tracy and I'm a newbie to the forums but not to EMS. I am a NREMT-Basic / EMT-Intermediate Technician in Northeast Wisconsin. I've been an EMT for 15 years and am currently in my second term as President of our volunteer/paid on call Ambulance Service. My wife is also an EMT-IT and we just had our second child on June 4th.

In my spare time (ya right) I am an avid bowhunter and love to plant food plots for deer and turkeys on our 100 acres of relaxation. I bear hunt and love to shoot recreationally when I can afford the ammo.

I hope to learn and contribute to the forums and hopefully be an advocate for non-career/non-fire based EMS folks.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome and congrats on the new kiddo!

BeantownEMT

Forum Ride Along
Hi all,

My name is Christen. I'm 23 and a 4 year EMT-B in Mass. I was NOT part of the scandal that is going on currently, however, a lot of my friends at a company I used to work for is.

I also work at a restaurant on spare days and weekends..

Im a huge hockey fan and have season tickets for the Bruins.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Hi all,

My name is Christen. I'm 23 and a 4 year EMT-B in Mass. I was NOT part of the scandal that is going on currently, however, a lot of my friends at a company I used to work for is.

I see you're fairly close by. Welcome to the site!

red_head

Forum Probie
Hi all,

guessing you used to work at either Trinity or Armstrong. I'm really surprised by some of the names.....