The Gun Thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
For everyday CC I go with a G-48 and can stow at least 4 extra mags on me that don't print.

4 extra mags what are you expecting? The invasion on the US?

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
Where I live it is a daily occurrence. But, if I was really sweating it, it would be the Para P-14 and 3 extra mags of hollow points.

CALEMT

Where I live it is a daily occurrence. But, if I was really sweating it, it would be the Para P-14 and 3 extra mags of hollow points.

Touché, making me feel inadequate with my 11 in the gun with a 12 rounder extra mag.

CALEMT

Ok fellow forum friends that have NFA items. I'm finally going to get a suppressor for my rifles. I'm looking for something for both 5.56 and 300blk. I'm not particularly chasing decibels but more of signature reduction. Any recommendations?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Reminds me of this:
20240325_10_600_393.jpg

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Ok fellow forum friends that have NFA items. I'm finally going to get a suppressor for my rifles. I'm looking for something for both 5.56 and 300blk. I'm not particularly chasing decibels but more of signature reduction. Any recommendations?
I'm interested in hearing what you come up with. I'd like something very compact (no more than 6") that keeps my SBR's nice and short but makes shooting inside a little more pleasant. Also not looking for Hollywood quiet.

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Anyone own (or ever shoot) a Robinson Armament XCR-M? I've never put my hands on one but they look awesome and most of the reviews I've read / seen are very positive. I'm a huge fan of the concept of a short thumper that has AR ergonomics and controls along with a folding stock and quick-change barrel design. Also, Robinson's AK-inspired piston system in an AR is really interesting. The price doesn't seem too outrageous for the quality and features, but they take up to a year to get once you order one. Sig recently released the MCX Spear which checks most of those boxes as well, but with a MSRP around $7k, I'll obviously have to pass on that.

CALEMT

I'm interested in hearing what you come up with. I'd like something very compact (no more than 6") that keeps my SBR's nice and short but makes shooting inside a little more pleasant. Also not looking for Hollywood quiet.

My local gun shop has a yankee hill for around $500 but after doing some research I could see flash on videos taken in the daylight. I’m leaning more towards surefire, signature reduction looked good from a video taken at night.

CALEMT

Ok update gents. I called the silencer shop and the people there were super helpful. Ended up going with a deadair sandman S.

CALEMT

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Just bought a new Glock 27, to go with my Glock 23. Both in 40 Cal. easier to conceal the 27.

Cleaned out my older truck yesterday to sell it, and found 7 boxes of ammo that I have misplaced over the years. Another 350 rounds. Another reason to stay in the same caliber.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Just bought a new Glock 27, to go with my Glock 23. Both in 40 Cal. easier to conceal the 27.

Cleaned out my older truck yesterday to sell it, and found 7 boxes of ammo that I have misplaced over the years. Another 350 rounds. Another reason to stay in the same caliber.
Nice thing about my 10mm is that I can shoot all the .40 cal ammo I have left over from back when I carried it.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
So folks question because decisions decisions: after my tax refund hits (THANK YOU EMT SCHOOL!) and I pay truck insurance, should I use what's left on a new Canik or a new AR?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
So folks question because decisions decisions: after my tax refund hits (THANK YOU EMT SCHOOL!) and I pay truck insurance, should I use what's left on a new Canik or a new AR?
Which one don't you have already?