The Gun Thread

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Sig P365 vs Glock 26 -- any comments?
I was all glock for awhile. 17 when I work uniform patrol, 19 because everyone needs a glock 19, 26 was my primary ccw, then the 43 replaced the 26..

Then my sister got a p365 and i took it to the range. Within a week I sold my Glock 43 and got a p365 of my own and haven’t thought twice about it.

I kept my 26 loaded and ready to carry in the off chance I wanted a change for the day, but it just never happened. I just can’t ever find a time when I think “let’s grab the 26 which is notably thicker than the 365 and holds the same number of rounds”…

The 26 is completely unloaded and sitting in my safe. I can’t bring myself to sell it just yet, but I think that day is coming. There’s a new guitar I want..

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I was all glock for awhile. 17 when I work uniform patrol, 19 because everyone needs a glock 19, 26 was my primary ccw, then the 43 replaced the 26..

Then my sister got a p365 and i took it to the range. Within a week I sold my Glock 43 and got a p365 of my own and haven’t thought twice about it.

I kept my 26 loaded and ready to carry in the off chance I wanted a change for the day, but it just never happened. I just can’t ever find a time when I think “let’s grab the 26 which is notably thicker than the 365 and holds the same number of rounds”…

The 26 is completely unloaded and sitting in my safe. I can’t bring myself to sell it just yet, but I think that day is coming. There’s a new guitar I want..
Glad to hear Sig fixed all the P365 problems from when it first came out.

I too started out carrying Austrian tupperware and at one point had all be three of their models in my collection. But given my preferred carry caliber, I gravitated towards heavier and stiffer frames of the 1911 (not to mention much better trigger feel).

But lately I've been eyeballing the new M&P 10mm. Might have to pick one up for my next purchase one day.

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
The P365 and 365XL are both excellent, but I'm just more comfortable with a full-size. Plus if I make it I'll have the only one around

I'm a bit of a gun nerd though tbh, selling em is my job til I get on a truck somewhere 🤓

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Just brought home a Bergara BMR and will be finishing up an AR-10 here in a few months. Want to get the Bergara B14 timber too.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Glock 26 is like a bulky brick compared to the P365.
But Glocks have a feature that very few other guns have...

They can be used as a wheel chock in an emergency.

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Sig P365 vs Glock 26 -- any comments?
Both are great guns. It's hard to beat the lineage of reliability and simplicity that Glock enjoys. However, as concealed carry guns there is no comparison - the Sig is smaller and lighter and has more ammo capacity and shoots great, especially for a small gun. The Glock 48 would be a better comparison. There's also the newer M&P (I forget what they are calling it), the Springfield Hellcat, and a few other new compact / high capacity carry guns that copied the magazine design of the P365.

Same here. The G26 was my first carry gun but ever since I got my first P365 and then the P365XL, those are all I carry. I do use my G17 at the range and at shooting courses sometimes, but even then it's usually my P366XL because that's what I always have with me.

Now that I've gotten past my collector phase of wanting every cool gun that I come across and buying as many as I have the cash and room for, I'm starting to slowly pare my inventory down to just the things that are more practical and get used the most. I love my Glocks but I don't know that I see myself ever carrying or even consistently going to the range with anything other than my compact Sigs. I'll probably always keep my G17 because like you said, everyone needs one full-size Glock, but other than that, any other pistol will probably just live in my safe and rarely see the light of day.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
You gotta give details on said AR -10 build
Mostly Aero parts for the majority. CNC trigger flat single stage. 308. Leaning towards a threaded 20" 1:11 barrel for now. Got a spare Vortex Diamondback sitting around needing a gun to go on. Maybe one day it'll get something a bit nicer. Would like a suppressor just because, but that's a way out purchase.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I was gonna buy a half face respirator with built in comms but I decided to buy a suppressor instead.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I was gonna buy a half face respirator with built in comms but I decided to buy a suppressor instead.
I'm gonna be buying one for my new 22 one of these days. I've always wanted a suppressed 22 to shoot subs out of.

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
One of these days I’m going to register my rifle as an SBR and put a 10.5” barrel on it..
I did one of my DDM4 PDW's last year. It took forever. Now I need to get around to getting a real stock (as opposed to the brace that it came with) and a can for it.

Supposedly it's quicker and easier to register now that the ATF modernized their system recently.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
Haven't found this thread for awhile. Back in my Special Agent days (way prior to EMS) I carried a 1911 slide on a Paraordanance frame. But then the rules changed and you could no longer carry single action .45s. So I went to an H&K USP1,in 45, and carried it cocked and locked. Best handgun I ever carried But it was heavy. Then as I was retiring they changed the rules again to only 9mm.

Now I have a Para P-12 in stainless, which is basically on a Officer's model frame, and a Para Hi-Cap full size. For everyday CC I go with a G-48 and can stow at least 4 extra mags on me that don't print.

We'll talk rifles some other time.