The Best Part of EMS is (fill in the blank)...

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Parades. And free beer. Yum. :)

Oh yeah, and that helping people during their darkest hour thing.

But mmmmm.... free beer..... and men in uniform!!!

(I just got back from a parade, can you tell???)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
rescuelt,

That's the worlds most amazing response :D The day we're allowed to drink of the job... that'll be the day!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Getting to drive a really big truck in the wrong lane going in the wrong direction with lots of flashings lights and loud sirens. :D

Chimp

OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

It's not on the job... we leave sober duty crews at home. And all of the drivers are sober. I drove the Chief's car in the parade, but someone else drove it home, so I didn't drink until after I had given the keys away.

Nowadays they even check ID's and give wristbands to the firefighters to prove they're over 21. Years ago it was a free-for-all.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
That's the worlds most amazing response The day we're allowed to drink of the job... that'll be the day!

Actually it was more than days; it was years...

1960's-1970's when it was okay to have a good time as a fireman; attendant; etc...

OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Sep 3 2004, 05:32 PM
That's the worlds most amazing response  The day we're allowed to drink of the job... that'll be the day!

Actually it was more than days; it was years...

1960's-1970's when it was okay to have a good time as a fireman; attendant; etc...
Yeah, Mother drank all the time when he was driving the ambulance (Mother Jugs & Speed for those of you who don't know).

traumagirl1029

Forum Crew Member
weating a uniform and feelin' all professional like....until the vomit and blood takes over...blah...hah anyways as to the free drinking *not that id know of course being underage and all..* but Mother is soo my hero that movie rocks.. :D

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Cutting off an obnoxious drunk's clothes... :D

Luno

OG
Premium Member
The friends that you get to work with, and who you know you can trust your life in their hands.

OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

The little old ladies who hold your hand and try to kiss you through the non-rebreather because they're so thankful you're there. :D

EMS Maniac

Forum Probie
That one Cardiac Arrest patient in a million who actually makes it and tries to smile at you or squeeze your hand in thanks!
Makes all those hours of CPR and bagging mean something!