the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Have medicated many a wily combative patient in my life—but none of them come close to trying to give a seven pound cat less than a cc of allergy meds orally. I am admitting defeat.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
They're cute and cuddly now, but yeah, try to give them a med, or clip their nails, or heaven forbid go into the carrier... they turn into the most ferocious, slippery, fastest creatures on earth...

Attachments

• 16846254883207978812154314600499.jpg
    16846254883207978812154314600499.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Our cat growing up took a thyroid med in her food everyday. Apparently there’s some transdermal stuff you can put on their ears, that sounds better that what I am doing now.

I was cool with getting a cat since they’re low maintenance. This cat is not low maintenance. She’s allergic to her sisters food and her sister is uh “food motivated” so they have to be separated while eating. It’s like having dogs, but without dog benefits.

I still love them but it be nice to not have to get twice a day pet care when we travel.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
My dog decided to start barking when I put him in his crate for bed. He may become an outside dog.

PotatoMedic

That’s fixable. Don’t toss him outside.
Oh I know. It's actually my fault as I have not taken him on walks and stimulated him enough. Proper enrichment I think is the term. Took him for a walk this morning and will do one tonight. Hopefully that helps. I just did not appreciate the three hours of constant barking. 😅

PotatoMedic

Walkies are very important. That’s good training time.
Yes it is. And he's still learning how to do proper walks. He's only 6 months old. Sadly he got slightly ignored while we cleaned for one of my kids birthday parties we had over the weekend

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That’s every reserve engine in the history of reserve engines.
Got the word to go switch into an even more reserve engine today since we stilllll don’t have a muffler (or working headsets which is a total breach of health and safety policies). No switch today as the reserve reserve doesn’t start, has no hose, and all the brackets for equipment have been removed. So back to deafness.

We also can’t go out of service to go to the muffler shop. But three weeks ago we went out of service for eight hours to teach at the fire academy. 🤔.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Got the word to go switch into an even more reserve engine today since we stilllll don’t have a muffler (or working headsets which is a total breach of health and safety policies). No switch today as the reserve reserve doesn’t start, has no hose, and all the brackets for equipment have been removed. So back to deafness.

We also can’t go out of service to go to the muffler shop. But three weeks ago we went out of service for eight hours to teach at the fire academy. 🤔.

It's a government agency so do whatever makes sense... then do the total opposite of that.

If it makes you feel any better I've been in a reserve engine for about 7 months now... our frontline was supposed to come back last week, then yesterday, and now tomorrow.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief

File a WC claim. Every day.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Our Reserve Engine has been in use by another station for months now. We're really hoping to find a way to keep it gone, we have so much room for activities now 🤣

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Anyone have any experience with the Ronco Pocket Fisherman? Bought one to throw in my hiking/camping/96 hour kit since it folds down so small. It seems to be less chincy than the telescoping ball point pen typed, and smaller than my telescoping pole.