the 100% directionless thread

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Three words...Colace...Colace....Colace....take the prescribed dose and multiply it by 3.....then increase it.
Hot prune juice helps also… but yeah.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Celery juice! Tastes just as delicious as it sounds.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Had an anatomical shoulder replacement done last week. I do not care for narcs. Working on dumping them as soon as I can.

My jaw is a little tight from being intubated. Interesting to be on the other side.
Jaw discomfort could be from intubation but my guess is it has more to do with the head positioner that they used.

Have you tried just taking the opioids at night and using Tylenol and ibuprofen every 6 hours while you are awake? It's gonna hurt more but it may be a worthy trade off if you really want to get off the opioids ASAP.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Jaw discomfort could be from intubation but my guess is it has more to do with the head positioner that they used.

Have you tried just taking the opioids at night and using Tylenol and ibuprofen every 6 hours while you are awake? It's gonna hurt more but it may be a worthy trade off if you really want to get off the opioids ASAP.
Doing that now. Trying to wean off as fast as I can. 👍

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Had an anatomical shoulder replacement done last week. I do not care for narcs. Working on dumping them as soon as I can.

My jaw is a little tight from being intubated. Interesting to be on the other side.
psyllium husk in a cup of water.

then plenty of water.

maybe some tamales from a food truck of questionable origin. :)

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Also, I am greatly enjoying my CCP course but oh boy is it a lot of information. There's a bunch of stuff that I have forgotten over the years and I'm having to study for the class *and* refresh my memory for old stuff.

I enjoy it and look forward to getting through it. I think it's already helped me be a better provider.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Might buy a set of bagpipes... Means I need to start taking lessons again.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Also, I am greatly enjoying my CCP course but oh boy is it a lot of information. There's a bunch of stuff that I have forgotten over the years and I'm having to study for the class *and* refresh my memory for old stuff.

I enjoy it and look forward to getting through it. I think it's already helped me be a better provider.
Post some cases...things are getting boring around here...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief

Who did you go with?

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Post some cases...things are getting boring around here...
I really wish I had some. lol. My call volume has been either BLS, cancellations, or a whole lotta post moves. We did catch a stroke though. Got on scene maybe 2 minutes after fire, recognized what was happening, (it was pretty obvious - aphasic, right sided hemiplegia, facial droop) called in a stroke alert as soon as we could and hightailed it to the ER. They got TNK on board in the ER and when we stopped by later, the patient was talking again and had right sided movement.

But what I've learned in class has been applied to assessments with a deeper understanding of what's going on. :)

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
To add on the misery of my surgery, we discovered a nice tick embedded in my side below the sutures…courtesy of my pup. Lots of phone calls to surgeon and VNA RN, no need to go to ER as no sign of Lyme or infecation.

My Ortho loves me as Im no ordinary patient.

Now…when are we getting CCPs in my area?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
My City annual physical found an odd result... so they sent me a letter saying I have to go follow up with my PCP.

Guess that means I gotta actually go on Kaisers website to schedule something with one of their docs for the first time lol

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
My City annual physical found an odd result... so they sent me a letter saying I have to go follow up with my PCP.

Guess that means I gotta actually go on Kaisers website to schedule something with one of their docs for the first time lol
God help you!

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Adding to my surgery tale… “Dear Sir, this is to inform you the claim for your hospital stay was deemed unnecessary by our Medical Officer”…

Guess they thought I’d just mosey into a room for jollies. Must have missed the surgery part, the intubation, the meds and IVs…

Not getting flustered right now. They are going to get hammered next week by my Surgeon.