the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I was informed that even though I'm starting a CC course, IF I'm selected, I'd have to go through the company one anyway. I was not informed of this before, and I had talked to them about it. :rolleyes:
Still doing it. At the very least, I'll learn a whole bunch and then have no problems doing it again and getting paid for it. Education is a good thing.
I'm at the point in my life and career now where I can position myself to be qualified for things, and not stress if I don't get the gig. Not even worrying about it, just enjoying the ride.

Worst case, I do the class I signed up for, I don't get selected at my current agency, and I simply take my new certification somewhere else. It's all good. We aren't planning to stay in CA forever anyway.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
You should learn how to be part of the solution, not the problem.
I'm surprised no one has picked up on the fact that nowhere in the article does it reference the dogs would be used to detect people with Covid, like I implied. This was done intentionally as a little experiment.

So my question is this, does being part of the solution include checking the references posted or is it just posting what you believe and assume?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I was informed that even though I'm starting a CC course, IF I'm selected, I'd have to go through the company one anyway. I was not informed of this before, and I had talked to them about it. :rolleyes:
Still doing it. At the very least, I'll learn a whole bunch and then have no problems doing it again and getting paid for it. Education is a good thing.
I'm at the point in my life and career now where I can position myself to be qualified for things, and not stress if I don't get the gig. Not even worrying about it, just enjoying the ride.

Worst case, I do the class I signed up for, I don't get selected at my current agency, and I simply take my new certification somewhere else. It's all good. We aren't planning to stay in CA forever anyway.
Still worth doing. At least the people I'm still in contact with, we all had no issues passing the CCP/FPC. And the CEU's are also nice.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

So we've stooped to using dogs to detect people who have Covid?
Do we also stoop when we use them to detect explosives? Or humans? Or fruit at the airport?

What’s your point here?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm surprised no one has picked up on the fact that nowhere in the article does it reference the dogs would be used to detect people with Covid, like I implied. This was done intentionally as a little experiment.

So my question is this, does being part of the solution include checking the references posted or is it just posting what you believe and assume?
Since I’ve worked with detection dogs and with humans, I’ll go with the dog every time. Since all you do is prattle and create argument, ignoring you is the best option.

My Dog agrees.

2BE56380-23BD-4C5D-A30F-8FAD5AB4ED83.jpeg

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Still worth doing. At least the people I'm still in contact with, we all had no issues passing the CCP/FPC. And the CEU's are also nice.
that's good to hear! I have some local resources (wife included) that will be helping me out with the material too. I'm pretty excited about it. After renewing some AHA card classes, It'll be more than enough CEUs to take care of my next National Registry renewal and state of California renewal as well. Aw yeah.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Sitting here in truck dealership to get some warranty repairs done, so it seems like a good time to completely upgrade and redo my main laptop. Upgrading two of the internal SSD's from 750GB to 2TB each, and completely reformatting and reinstalling both operating systems I use (Debian and Kali). Then I will have to transfer the 1.2TB of vids I have ripped back to the new SSD's.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I have a Commodore 64. Should I upgrade? Choplifter is a great time waster.
Sorry, but we replaced your computer with an Etch-a-Sketch

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Go Bills!

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN