the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So the White Elephant gift I ended up with at the Fire Station included a pair of nerf guns.

Of all the other stuff including sports equipment, candy, and what not, I'm sure you all would be utterly shocked and surprised to find out said nerf guns were the first things opened and lots of nerf darts were travelling from one end of the kitchen/day room to the other in short order...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Well after 2 years of it, it's finally my turn for a COVID vacation.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
So far just fatigue and very mild aches. It's the next 48 hours I'll be curious to see how it goes.

At least you got your elk hunt out of the way.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
At least you got your elk hunt out of the way.
Yea. I also got lucky that the first block of days (now) I put in to do a ride along at the flight service I'm trying to get on with weren't chosen, I'd have had to cancel. That would have been a bummer.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The feeling when your parent’s friend tells you about how their sibling had a sudden (in a public place) onset headache, visual disturbances, unilateral parenthesia, and profuse vomiting but was told buy the responding crew “I bet if the building was on fire you could walk to the ambulance” and then was transported to a community ED with no neuro services despite an academic medical center being an additional five minutes away. And was also told, “you’re dehydrated and the COVID numbers are high, are you sure you don’t want to just go home?”

I wasn’t there. I don’t know anyone who was there. But I asked no questions and this is what I was told. This person had a life altering bleed. Could anything be changed if care was better? I have no idea, but this is awful.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The feeling when your parent’s friend tells you about how their sibling had a sudden (in a public place) onset headache, visual disturbances, unilateral parenthesia, and profuse vomiting but was told buy the responding crew “I bet if the building was on fire you could walk to the ambulance” and then was transported to a community ED with no neuro services despite an academic medical center being an additional five minutes away. And was also told, “you’re dehydrated and the COVID numbers are high, are you sure you don’t want to just go home?”

I wasn’t there. I don’t know anyone who was there. But I asked no questions and this is what I was told. This person had a life altering bleed. Could anything be changed if care was better? I have no idea, but this is awful.
That care is criminal.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That care is criminal.
Absolutely. I don’t really know what to do with this, she sought me out to tell me this. But I don’t know anything about this state and her family member is seriously ill so obviously she has better things to be doing. But I think this needs to be reported. Do you go to the agency first? Or right to the state?

NomadicMedic

Absolutely. I don’t really know what to do with this, she sought me out to tell me this. But I don’t know anything about this state and her family member is seriously ill so obviously she has better things to be doing. But I think this needs to be reported. Do you go to the agency first? Or right to the state?
Where I am, complaints about patinet care go to the regional office. They (the region) do a preliminary investigation and then escalate to the state bureau of EMS. If the bureau wants to take action, the region will complete a full investigation and then forward all the info to the state for review and further action.

If you go to the agency, they will attempt to manage it internally and you’ll get no info.

I’d make sure to have the complainant write a decent account of the incident and forward it to the investigative authority in your area.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

NomadicMedic

So trite and cliché, I couldn’t resist.

DD63B34A-2DD4-4161-AC56-C18D4D377A97.jpeg

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Not sure of it's New Years, or if the people of LA are attempting to shoot down the latest wave of the Blitz...

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Well... 200 dollars blocked off for the Crash and Learn conference. Just waiting for registration to open!