the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Cypress Creek laid off 90 percent of their staff this weekend.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Tomorrow is the last day of my yearly deer vacation. Shot a buck on the first day so ive just been hanging at home with the kids.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
So everyone but admin? 😂
Pretty much. My sources say that they kept 3 trucks to service the residual St. Luke’s contract they just picked up and a pair of “flight” crews but have canned almost everyone else. Most of the cuts were field, comm center, education and non-critical admin (clinical, etc).

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Pretty much. My sources say that they kept 3 trucks to service the residual St. Luke’s contract they just picked up and a pair of “flight” crews but have canned almost everyone else. Most of the cuts were field, comm center, education and non-critical admin (clinical, etc).
How do you even exist with a 90% cut?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
If you're service or hospital uses PAPRs I'd appreciate a DM!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Court subpoena that’s been postponed multiple times for Covid reasons amongst others just got pushed back til late this afternoon. Yay.

Just got off shift this morning, too.

Guess I’ll mill around til then and milk my 8-hour rate. It makes more sense than driving all the way home then all the way back. Plus, I did score some legit free parking.

Gawd, I hate courthouses, courtrooms, lawyers and the like. It’s all soo skeevy, gloomy, and just all around depressing to me.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Court subpoena that’s been postponed multiple times for Covid reasons amongst others just got pushed back til late this afternoon. Yay.

Just got off shift this morning, too.

Guess I’ll mill around til then and milk my 8-hour rate. It makes more sense than driving all the way home then all the way back. Plus, I did score some legit free parking.

Gawd, I hate courthouses, courtrooms, lawyers and the like. It’s all soo skeevy, gloomy, and just all around depressing to me.
I’ve been involved in a case thats been postponed for years. It just never goes away.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Guess at least I'm getting sick rather than a few days before I leave for AZ. Definitely not gonna put the final week to good use though.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Guess at least I'm getting sick rather than a few days before I leave for AZ. Definitely not gonna put the final week to good use though.
I'm heading to AZ for work in April, the only thing in season is Bear, so I'm going to go mtn biking instead.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I'm heading to AZ for work in April, the only thing in season is Bear, so I'm going to go mtn biking instead.

Turkey too.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
You don’t need to outrun the bear, you just need to outrun the person with you?