the 100% directionless thread

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
1628978674447.png

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
And here I think I'm fancy with my newish Honda pilot.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm still driving my car from like 10 years ago. No AC, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna go make a new car payment because of that. I'll suffer 4 months out of the year.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Still driving my dad's 16 year old F-150.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
You my friend, like I, are most definitely a married man with family.

My wife and I have been talking about going halfsies on a Sienna so she can keep her Highlander and I my Taco.

Off track, I’m ready for Summer to be over. The older I get, the more I hate Summertime.

Also, I need a fargin haircut.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Off track, I’m ready for Summer to be over. The older I get, the more I hate Summertime.
Says the guy who doesn't ever drive in snow or ice.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I'm still driving my car from like 10 years ago. No AC, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna go make a new car payment because of that. I'll suffer 4 months out of the year.
Oh it's the not wanting a car payment that held my wife and I back for years. But we have found our selves needing more room so it was sadly something we had to do.
You my friend, like I, are most definitely a married man with family.
Yes I am, and quiet happily! And that is part of the reason we now need three rows 😋

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Tfw you finally get to schedule your neurology consultation :) ...for four months out 🙃

From what I understand, long-COVID patients are increasing the workload

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well getting a new Cybertruck, or any other truck or whatever, has always just been a "nice idea" more so than anything.

I'm still driving my '05 Dakota I bought in North Carolina while I was still in the Army so yeah lol

Aaaand I def don't envy thise California Firefighters. We just had a big brush fire. Like 10 companies, pretty much every Tanker we have, our Drone, Air 2 doing water drops, and we're finally clearing 6 hours later. And that was fun at first, but not so fun now lol, especially since now we still need to clean and repack hose and all that...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Middle of my 4 days off, in Target, could swore I heard a Fire dispatch in the distance, like it could been an echo? Like am I hearing phantom radio tones? Then I hear another, and I go down the main aisle, and Hey! It's the Engine 30 crew I've worked OT with a few times! I'm not going crazy (well not crazier at least) lol

Last edited:

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Took a pretty nice crash on a steep descent today. I laid there for a while wondering if I wanted to call 911and roll the dice hoping I got a good paramedic, or just die.

Opted to just see if I died.

Finally comfortable that at this point i'm not going to die, but my left chest is pretty sore.

Bike appears intact.

Last edited:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Took a pretty nice crash on a steep descent today. I laid there for a while wondering if I wanted to call 911and roll the dice hoping I got a good paparmedic, or just die.

Opted to just see if I died.

Finally comfortable that at this point i'm not going to die, but my left chest is pretty sore.

Bike appears intact.
I destroyed myself today before I came to work. Rasberried my entire arm, the arm that was party to a shoulder dislocation a few months ago. I feel you.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Doing our Med Refresher training today. So turns our we may be getting Lucas on all Fire companies as well.

But there's something going on with the State in terms of how the legislation deals with reciprocity. Apparently it's going to be easier? Where since we pretty much all already have NREMT we might be able to transfer that to a State EMT? (Right now there's like a 2 week required transition course so we'll see how all that plays out).
Whats interesting is in relation to the rumors about how Fire may take over EMS in the not to distant future (there's already some talk of bringing in FFs to supplement staffing there) so this is potentially a step in that direction....

Bit at the same time as a Department we're still operating as First Respnder level with only Oxygen available as a drug we carry so who knows

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I feel like I don't have it too bad. Backs been sore for a few days and I have 0 clue what I did. Didn't lift a patient wrong. Didn't do a max deadlift or or even lift wrong. My lower back just started hurting a few days ago, particularly with hinging motions with some sacroiliacish area pain initially. Is this what it's like getting close to 30?

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I feel like I don't have it too bad. Backs been sore for a few days and I have 0 clue what I did. Didn't lift a patient wrong. Didn't do a max deadlift or or even lift wrong. My lower back just started hurting a few days ago, particularly with hinging motions with some sacroiliacish area pain initially. Is this what it's like getting close to 30?
Once you hit 30, the wrong mattress means a week of Back pain.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
So I’m going to be on standby at the Eagles opening game next month. Should be able to get some reading done.