the 100% directionless thread

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I like dropping by here. It reminds me that I liked a lot of the web better before social media came along. Facebook is a mess, instagram is getting worse, and Reddit continues to slide into the cesspool as well. (permanently banning accounts with no recourse, blocking VPN users from making comments until 10 minutes has elapsed, etc.)

I hope our local Indian places start to have lunch buffets again. until then, these $4 chicken tikka masala dishes from Trader Joe's are delicious.
Agreed. I haven't done EMS in quite a while now but I still feel connected to it and I generally find the discussion here better than most other places on the web. I am back on FB and Reddit but I limit my use of both platforms to topics of interest rather than news, politics, etc and rarely post at all. It's just a complete dumpster fire otherwise.

I haven't tried that specific dish from TJ's but I like a lot of their stuff. I'll have to look for that one.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
That dish from TJ is amazing.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Either you don't have the whole story or you're not sharing it....
Ah yes let’s just assume I’m up to no good here.

That was the the story I got from the ED physician when I came back with a different patient. No other deficits aside from acute onset dizziness. CT and CTA done, no findings of note, patient received tPA.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

That was the the story I got from the ED physician when I came back with a different patient. No other deficits aside from acute onset dizziness. CT and CTA done, no findings of note, patient received tPA.
Sounds like a well lit scene call. :)

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent

Guilty...didn't come off right...the ^ last sentence (CTA) was what I was curious about....

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Gas leak a few houses down the block, 3 LACoFD Engines, Squad, Quint, BC all responding down our street lol
(Single engine remaining, another Engine and Squad took off Code 3 down the street presumably to another call, the others cleared... but still, lots of flashy lights and the song of my people😆 😁👨‍🚒🚒🚒🚒

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I can't believe I waited this long to become a hazmat tech. Too much fun.

hazmat suit.jpg

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
The sneks on the ambulances at my volly squad look sad.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Finally had my first call as the treating EMT and it was interesting. 31y/o male, with a possible right femur fracture. Since PT had paralysis (previous history), there was no pain, but they were shaking and diaphoretic, which according to the PT, it was his body's way of letting him know that something was wrong (as if the 'snaping sound like a twig' and obvious deformity, swelling, and odd positioning of the leg didn't give it away). Even my partner who has been doing this for a while never encountered a PT like this before. Annoyed at myself that I couldn't get a BP though.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Agreed. I haven't done EMS in quite a while now but I still feel connected to it and I generally find the discussion here better than most other places on the web. I am back on FB and Reddit but I limit my use of both platforms to topics of interest rather than news, politics, etc and rarely post at all. It's just a complete dumpster fire otherwise.

I haven't tried that specific dish from TJ's but I like a lot of their stuff. I'll have to look for that one.
I had some big time problems with reddit this year. lol. and even more recently, couldn't use it much at all because they were comment limiting VPN users. /r/ems is ok, and /r/newtoems can be fun. A few of the smaller more niche focused ones can be ok too. The larger subs are a complete flipping trash heap.

and not even "Audrey the talking trash heap from Fraggle Rock" either. Just useless! :D

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well that's a great first day back. Catch a relocation to cover another station, and on the way back our engine breaks down springing a coolant leak...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
But on the plus side, we had called in a to go order from one of the restaurants we usually hit up, and we were in that area a couple blocks away when it happened, so we are just kinda chilling with our lunch in the shade waiting on our Mechanic so it's actually working out not too bad lols

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Tomorrow is the CCP beta exam, hoping I have refreshed neonates and the ICU sorcery well enough. Lt interview not even 24 hours after that. Then moving apartments when that's done. Gonna be having a hell of a week.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
so we are just kinda chilling with our lunch in the shade waiting on our Mechanic so it's actually working out not too bad lols

Must be nice with beach weather. You’d die from heat stroke if you attempted that in my roll area.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well it was like 85-90°, so def thank goodness for the shade, and yeah double thanks it wasn't triple digits lols

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
We may or may not have wondered down to the Starbucks across the parking lot from where we were broken down at one point 😆

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well the EMS gods apparently decided we had too much of an easy time, being out of service for a couple hours in the afternoon.

Just finished our third call since midnight (now 6am, wonder what the over/under is that we haven't run our last call before 0800 shift change yet....) oh yeah including a full vaccinated but feverish coughing shirt of breath patient so yay, Welcome Back to Work....