the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
No, you have issues.
reread your past posts and your last paragraph.

Issues=head case?

Ah yes, because I wish to help people with real effect. Horrible. Crazy. Absolutely unbelievable that I wish things could have been different and that I could do better. Insane.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
No. Because you constantly whine about your calls, have issues with reality, can’t seem to understand that you aren’t the World Savior you think you are, rail about how every partner misunderstands you when you keep telling them how to do their jobs, argue whenever anyone tries to help you.

Way back, when you first posted, I predicted this behavior and got jumped on for it...

Yep. Called it.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
You know you've temporarily lost control of the situation when you're hosing down one poopy toddler in the bathtub, her twin brother is running wild in his birthday suit, and the baby is doing his own thing somewhere in the house. Thankfully calm now reigns as supremely as it can in a house that contains three children under three years of age.
My wife sent me a picture of our 2 year old bear crawling across our living room buckass naked. “Look at your son!?”

Yes, Hon. Look indeed...

Also, I’m not doing this crap again. Lettuce keep this directionless.

ETA: lettuce is not a typo in the awesome world of “Dadness”.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
My wife sent me a picture of our 2 year old bear crawling across our living room buckass naked. “Look at your son!?”

Yes, Hon. Look indeed...

I'm just glad that I can return them to their parents when I get worn out haha.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
we went to a restaurant tonight. It has been 372 days since my wife and I went to a restaurant together.

we each had a steak and a big cocktail and looked at each other saying, “I never would have thought it would be this long”. our world has moved in amazing directions over the past year.

we‘re both vaccinated and we feel like we can start doing some things again. And that’s a good thing.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Sorry, but I’m tired of nobody standing and up and saying the difficult thing. “Go do something else.”

I'll just sit back down then. Truth is we've all tried and I'm past the point of giving a **** and past the point of helping. When the individual wants help then I'll care, but to have my, yours, and others solid advice go in one ear and out the other then why should I care.

Personally I just skip past her half page posts because frankly... I don't give a ****.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
No. Because you constantly whine about your calls, have issues with reality, can’t seem to understand that you aren’t the World Savior you think you are, rail about how every partner misunderstands you when you keep telling them how to do their jobs, argue whenever anyone tries to help you.

Way back, when you first posted, I predicted this behavior and got jumped on for it...

Yep. Called it.

I mean, I do find issue with a patient outcome I find unfavorable. Absolutely.

Is every call horrible and awful and terrible? Definitely not. I still have fun on shift, love my job, want to be there and learn a lot. I don't know a lot about a lot and those gaps cause a lot of confusion, it leads to uncertainty. I think that's natural.

World savior? I mean, there's been a few times I've been present and assisted with difficult calls or such that have had good results. I like that. Who wouldn't? But I don't expect to save everyone or the world. Most times things seem pretty straightforward.

I knew the second we made patient contact it looked bad. We were trying to load and go. In the back of my mind, sure I thought he MIGHT code, I mean he looked awful, very poor presentation. But did I really think he would crash so hard? No.

I'll admit I got blindsided by that. And it's very frustrating and kind of a shock, and that we really achieved nothing except a learning experience leaving a sharp taste in my mouth and regret in my mind.

I don't know how I'm supposed to be like "Wow that was great" and give myself a pat on the back.

Every partner misunderstands me? Where do you get that?

Argue whenever anyone tries to help me. That is very vague. Do you mean here or in person, because you can't possibly know about everything I think or do in real life and get some snippets of what I say here. It is hard to accept some things or just fix things overnight or try to find the best way to change or figure out what doesn't need to be and what I need to keep and such. You might say you're helping me by trying to get me to quit and get out of EMS or anything else you've said, but it's rarely ever helpful.

I either agree and drop out of my goals, have no idea what to do and just flounder around for a bit, or actually keep going even when it's not easy and work on trying to be better despite anyone's comments. Because it doesn't matter what I've done, even when I've been told I'm not fit for a job I've been able to persist through frustrations and demoralizing comments, people who don't believe in me and all of that (which isn't a woe is me, I just can't expect everyone to just say what I want or to support me or anything. It's my job to keep me going) and then excel in it and be recommended or take promotion and then my supervisors wishing I'd stay.

Not everything works out like that, but absolutely I fail if I throw up the towel and go home. If I lose hope I'll do better and learn and improve and get to a better place then I've got to be happy where I'm at. And I'm not.

As much as I tilt one way, you're equal and opposite to it.

I know I can say some pretty frustrating, repeating, or negative sounding things here. And that I'm my own life I've got countless frustrations. So I can't really blame people for washing their hands of me.

But I'm not going to quit trying. Why throw a tantrum that things didn't go my way and give up? If I do, that's only proof that the naysayers are right and I don't deserve the opportunity.

You might be angry or just apathetic or however you feel about stuff.

Say I'm full of ****, a bad provider, not fit for the job, have my head up my ***, etc etc.

And you've got the right to think and say that.

But I'm not going to quit because people didn't pick me up and tell me nice things or said stuff that is or isn't true that I don't like.

I don't know why you think that would work. Maybe you were as hopeful in that as I was for my patient. I'm pretty used to that. It's nothing new.

I'm used to people not caring. I'm used to having to be the only one to fight for what I want. I'm used to the insults or disbelief, the thinking people are doing me the favor by discouraging me because they hate to see a struggle.

I wish it wasn't like this, but it is.

And really the only thing I can do is focus on getting better and improving and not giving up. Because if I want something worth anything, it's not going to be easy, it's not always going to be fun or happy or frustration free. And most of my life it's been the opposite. But if I want anything better for myself, I've just got to keep going.

Say what you want, but I'm not a quitter. Not that you'll probably ever see it and it doesn't matter to it, but for me, I'll proof it to myself when I'm able to look back and be happy about all the stuff I've been through and never quit.

Seirende

I actually have a bit of a sick feeling watching three people absolutely blast someone who is obviously struggling.

@DragonClaw you're not going to get anything out of arguing further. I get that you're in a bad headspace. I PMed you on Discord.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I actually have a bit of a sick feeling watching three people absolutely blast someone who is obviously struggling.

@DragonClaw you're not going to get anything out of arguing further. I get that you're in a bad headspace. I PMed you on Discord.

You should probably google “enabling“ and how to stop it.

Seirende

You should probably google “enabling“ and how to stop it.

I think you're a reasonable person, if a bit brusque. If you'd care to expound, my inbox is open. I think this conversation should not be carried further in an open forum. 🙃

Seirende

Someone say something directionless. I'm tapped out on nibling stories.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
@CCCSD @NomadicMedic Use the ignore button. I was just like y’all and got worked up every time I read one of these posts, but with the ignore function, I never see them in the first place. Makes the rest of the forum experience so much more enjoyable, and you miss out on literally nothing.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
At the risk of sounding like an old, crotchety, out of touch grouch, I do not understand our current generation and its strife.
221FDCB2-B755-44CF-A253-C0AAFC5DE419.gif